• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Murdered out Fasty Nasty

My 4-year old calls her the "Fasty Nasty"

Just about fully murdered out. I am going to get all black center caps for the wheels too and am torn whether to tint the car or not. But here is what she looks like now. Big shout out to Vic55 for the ideas and the local contact:

• Wrapped door handles
  • Wrapped Beak
  • Blacked out badges (Plasti-dip)
  • Blacked out Exhaust Surround (Plasti-dip)

8BSLUxs.jpg
Ar24eX3.jpg
5qGld3p.jpg
hLZ4Bki.jpg

Looks good, glad you got a hold of Don. Now that exhaust has to be modded- I went with 100 cell cats and the sound is exponentially better.

Looks good, glad you got a hold of Don. Now that exhaust has to be modded- I went with 100 cell cats and the sound is exponentially better.

Vic55! you can't just leave me hanging like that!
Where did you get the cats?
Who installed them?
$$$?
Do you have a sound clip?

There's a NSX meet tomorrow evening at Play in Costa Mesa. I hope you can make it. I wanna see and hear your car.

841 Baker St, Costa Mesa, CA 92626
7:00 pm till whenever

Awesome! Now you need tinted windows! Black out the front Silver chrome piece really makes the NSX look much nicer! (on black car)

Awesome! Now you need tinted windows! Black out the front Silver chrome piece really makes the NSX look much nicer! (on black car)

This picture doesn't show it well, but I did black out the silver chrome piece in the front. It is much nicer this way.
I'm conflicted on tint. Do you guys tint the hatch the same shade as the windows? I assume you don't tint the divider glass.
I really like the look of the engine cover through the rear hatch so I don't want the tint to dull that up at all. At the same time I know I have to do the rear if I do the windows. ... 1st world problems.

I have tinted all around, but very light, (50%?) including the rear window, it still showing the engine bay quite nice, and give it a little darker look. (may help to keep engine bay colder too..lol ) I like Plasti Dip too, but being in Canada .. 11 month with snow and cold .. plasti dip just doesn't hold well, indeed, wrapping/3M/Xpel etc even tinted window don't last that well with cold too ... :(

Attachments

• NSXsnow2.jpg
    NSXsnow2.jpg
    320.6 KB · Views: 566
This picture doesn't show it well, but I did black out the silver chrome piece in the front. It is much nicer this way.
I'm conflicted on tint. Do you guys tint the hatch the same shade as the windows? I assume you don't tint the divider glass.
I really like the look of the engine cover through the rear hatch so I don't want the tint to dull that up at all. At the same time I know I have to do the rear if I do the windows. ... 1st world problems.

Most owners have done the opposite. They tinted the divider glass and not the rear hatch. Plus the side windows obviously. That's what I did. Looks great.

Most owners have done the opposite. They tinted the divider glass and not the rear hatch. Plus the side windows obviously. That's what I did. Looks great.

Good to know! I guess I can try it and see how it turns out. Worst case I'll rip it out again. Do you have pics you can post with the tint?

That looks amazing [MENTION=34478]piano[/MENTION].

Vic55! you can't just leave me hanging like that!
Where did you get the cats?
Who installed them?
$$$?
Do you have a sound clip?

There's a NSX meet tomorrow evening at Play in Costa Mesa. I hope you can make it. I wanna see and hear your car.

841 Baker St, Costa Mesa, CA 92626
7:00 pm till whenever

go to my thread below and there is a link there...

serge at benzworks got the parts and did the work.

55805664255__5B6F8098-47EB-43CF-B091-BD6FF80CB036.jpg55805667206__54EF3DEC-B39D-42A9-BB1C-6BED1D4E68D6.jpg I can't recall exactly but I think I have 30% tint on my side windows and like 50% on my front. It helps at night, now people cant see directly in lol. During the day it keeps the heat out and makes it much harder to see in.

Love it. I'm going to take her in for a tint once the rain dies down here in SoCal.
Did you paint the calipers or where yours done by factory?

I did the full tint. Air Blue 80 up front. Think it was 40% on other windows - whatever is legal here. I did the inside of the back window and nothing on the rear hatch. Looks great and really keeps the heat out.

Mine were factory painted. And I highly recommend getting the front window done with some clearish tint, whatever ur comfortable with, because I've noticed that a lot of heat comes through it. It will help during the summer!

Anyone else have this rattle issues?
When I turn right into a driveway, I hear a rattle (almost coming from the divider glass / roof) area that almost seems like the whole chasis is tweaking and making the noise. It's pretty noticeable and kinda scary. Anyone else notice this in their car?

When I turn right into a driveway, I hear a rattle (almost coming from the divider glass / roof) area that almost seems like the whole chasis is tweaking and making the noise. It's pretty noticeable and kinda scary. Anyone else notice this in their car?

I have a driver's side window rattle (almost from the door panel itselft) which is alleviated if I lower the window just a small amount. Annoying. But I dont have what you are experiencing.

One quick thing to check is to be sure the engine cover panels bolts are snug. I had a rattle that came from the direction you said and that's what it turned out to be.

One quick thing to check is to be sure the engine cover panels bolts are snug. I had a rattle that came from the direction you said and that's what it turned out to be.

It does sound like it would be that. I'll try it and see. Thank you!

I had to get rid of the badges. I wouldn't stand them being as big as they were. Love the debadged look of the beast. Now if I could only figure out how to demove the center caps from the wheels without removing the dang wheel...

boQ92Lu.jpg

FuHi2Hi.jpg

Damn! It looks so clean debadged. What did u wrap the beak with, I've been thinking of blacking mine out.

Back