• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Mutual admiration - from McLaren MP4 owner

Out driving yesterday, spied a McLaren MP4-12C Spider cruising around. Before I could roll down my window to give him a "thumbs up", he beat me to it! Big smile and head nod from the McLaren driver. Another member of the mutual respect club.

That's cool, :cool:although any McLaren owner that would look down on the NSX doesn't know their cars brand :wink:history

lol ...so does this mean Ritesh gives himself a thumbsup....:wink:

If I had a third thumb i"d give him that too....

Actually the McLaren and the NSX have very similar driving dynamics and feel, just lots more horsepower. If you get a chance to drive one, you will understand what I'm referring too.

Bram

Last edited:
Yes, MP4-12C drives similar to NSX but with everything amplified in terms of performance.
Here is my favorite 'trio' to date :biggrin:

IMG_4031_zps2d083d8e.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4033_zpseade8240.jpg
    IMG_4033_zpseade8240.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 255
Actually the McLaren and the NSX have very similar driving dynamics and feel, just lots more horsepower. If you get a chance to drive one, you will understand what I'm referring too.

Bram
Hopefully such a chance will present itself once in my life, but it could be a long, long ways away :)

Not really.... Like the NSX the MP-124C is slow selling and dealers are very interested in what other sport owners think of this car....anyway that the way it was last year in Canada. We only have one dealer for Canada.

Bram

Out driving yesterday, spied a McLaren MP4-12C Spider cruising around. Before I could roll down my window to give him a "thumbs up", he beat me to it! Big smile and head nod from the McLaren driver. Another member of the mutual respect club.

Very cool that someone had a similar experience to me.
In Australia, there aren't many NSXs and even less MP4s.
Late last year, I was driving in the city of Melbourne in my white/black NSX.
Then I saw (and got pretty excited) to see a white MP4 in front of me.
As luck had it, I was at the lights and he was turning......we were side by side, we brought down our windows.
I said how much I loved his car and he replied by saying mine was good too and well looked after.....I just replied and said, "mine's nothing compared to yours" (apologies if that's blasphemous to NSXs die-hards....it's just how I felt)
The MP4 is so much more 'imposing' in person.

Back