• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My 1st Anniversary with my Lotus Esprit.

As most of you who know, my NSX was deemed a total loss in November of 2013. Last April I bought a 2004 Lotus Esprit, the 4th to last one ever built by Lotus. During the past year of Esprit ownership I've realized that I miss owning an NSX. I saved one part from the car, an OEM "Honda" airbag. I put it up for sale last year and haven't gotten too many bites. I just got two inquiries and decided to raise the price to $650 because I know how rare the airbag is. So now here comes the good part. I get to use the airbag as I decided that I'm going to trade in my Esprit and get back into an NSX.

-Doc

Another chapter in the book. Im sure the Lotus was a good time and will make for some stories in the future.

Have you already found your new NSX?

doc l is common on back.;.....:cool:

You had to go public with this before I could post up pics. Doc and I have been going back and forth on this because I was looking for a fun ride to keep at my place down in Jupiter and Doc kept teasing me by driving the Lotus when he came over to visit. Unlike Gary who brings his NSX down from Syracuse every winter, I just wanted something I could store at my place on the beach and Doc made me an offer I couldn't refuse. At least when he comes by to use my pool he can visit his old Lotus. :biggrin:

I knew you had a little interest when you asked me if the A/C worked. When I showed you how cold it got I knew I had a fish on the line. The one good thing about my car is that I've done all the required service and it's probably one the best Esprit's in the country. The dealer with the NSX I'm planning on getting will work out the trade detail and you can pick the car up when you get here. I'll save on the taxes on the new car. Thanks for helping me out on that side of the transaction.

Edit: Here is a link to the car I'm interested in. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Acura-NSX-B...tr=true&hash=item56729c51df&item=371290034655

Last edited:
Welcome back to the NSX mafia. I just rejoined last week with my second one :)

(Love all the Prime inbreeding :D)

You had to go public with this before I could post up pics. Doc and I have been going back and forth on this because I was looking for a fun ride to keep at my place down in Jupiter and Doc kept teasing me by driving the Lotus when he came over to visit. Unlike Gary who brings his NSX down from Syracuse every winter, I just wanted something I could store at my place on the beach and Doc made me an offer I couldn't refuse. At least when he comes by to use my pool he can visit his old Lotus. :biggrin:

APRIL 1********
BTW they're looking for "all the $$" on that car, and than some. Go for it Doc!!!

I couldn't sleep last night knowing that I was lying about this. Tamoske is the one buying my Lotus. Bob helped negotiate the deal and the car is being shipped to Lithuania as we speak. :biggrin:

I remember that thread... it was a beautiful Lotus.... but welcome back!

I saw a white Lotus Esprit driving south on the 403 at the QEW/Gardiner interchange this past Saturday around noon. Anyone here?

Very cool cars! The 2nd one I've seen in person, and the first one I've seen rolling!

DocL, weather you have in-fact sold your Esprit for an NSX or not, you can't go wrong.

Back