• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My -91 Black/ivory Godess thread

Hi Guys!
as some of you read on the "new owner..." forum i purcased a -91 Black/Ivory NSX for my self as a christmas-gift. it's a 1-owner, 15.000 miles, clean title, beauty! apart from the CT exhaust, upgraded brakes and the wheels, the car's bone stock. for the past two weeks i have been using a lot of time just fiddling about.
cleaning the undercarriage and detailing the outside.
ofcourse, i have the urge to personalize it, so some few mods are on the way. but nothing that can't be reversed for someone eventually want to keep it stock. here's the to-do-list for now:

-Cleaning the undercarriage. OK!
-Detailing. "In Progress."
-H&R Cup-kit
-02-rear valence
-DF 02- style ducted sideskirts
-Wings-west front lip.
-Euro front fog-lamps
-JDM taillights
-Window-tint
-some stereo-upgrade?

more may come, and i'll add it to this list.
here's some pic's for ya! :)

Attachments

• DSC_0898.jpg
    DSC_0898.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 467
  • DSC_0894 (3).jpg
    DSC_0894 (3).jpg
    69 KB · Views: 479
  • DSC_0899.jpg
    DSC_0899.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 434
  • DSC_0897 (2).jpg
    DSC_0897 (2).jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 466
  • DSC_0899 (2).jpg
    DSC_0899 (2).jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 460
  • DSC_0893 (2).jpg
    DSC_0893 (2).jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 414
  • DSC_0904.jpg
    DSC_0904.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 438
Hi Guys!
as some of you read on the "new owner..." forum i purcased a -91 Black/Ivory NSX for my self as a christmas-gift. it's a 1-owner, 15.000 miles, clean title, beauty! apart from the CT exhaust, upgraded brakes and the wheels, the car's bone stock. for the past two weeks i have been using a lot of time just fiddling about.
cleaning the undercarriage and detailing the outside.
ofcourse, i have the urge to personalize it, so some few mods are on the way. but nothing that can't be reversed for someone eventually want to keep it stock. here's the to-do-list for now:

-Cleaning the undercarriage. OK!
-Detailing. "In Progress."
-H&R Cup-kit
-02-rear valence
-DF 02- style ducted sideskirts
-Wings-west front lip.
-Euro front fog-lamps
-JDM taillights
-Window-tint
-some stereo-upgrade?

more may come, and i'll add it to this list.
here's some pic's for ya! :)

The undercarrige looks great, what did you use to clean it?

Thanks! :)
i used toothbrush, microfibrecloth, and degreaser for cleaning, and protected it all with PTFE to get a long lasting protection.

Thanks for your response.

That sounds like a lot of hard work, but looks like it was time well spent, as I said previously, great result. What degreaser did you use and is the PTFE a spray coating, if so, what brand?

Thanks for your response.

That sounds like a lot of hard work, but looks like it was time well spent, as I said previously, great result. What degreaser did you use and is the PTFE a spray coating, if so, what brand?

the cleaning process was a bitch, but it was totally worth it! :) i used the debeer/Valspar degreaser. (degreaser used in my bodyrepair and painting-shop) the PTFE i used first liquid on a cloth and rubbed all the parts, finished it off by spraying it all spraying dry PTFE coating from CRC i think.

nice undercarriage!

If you are tinting your windows I would recommend not tinting the inside of the rear glass hatch. If the tint ever starts to dimple or you want to take it off it has a good chance of peeling the defroster off with it. If you are trying to block the sunlight, I would recommend tinting the intermediate glass between the cabin and the engine bay.

If you are doing it for looks, I woud urge you to buy some high quality tint that will not degrade overtime such as a metal or ceramic film. Do not get a 2 ply or died hybrid.

good window tint information: http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156212

Thanks for the info - much appreciated. I will see if I can find these products in Australia and give it a go.

All the best,

David

the cleaning process was a bitch, but it was totally worth it! :) i used the debeer/Valspar degreaser. (degreaser used in my bodyrepair and painting-shop) the PTFE i used first liquid on a cloth and rubbed all the parts, finished it off by spraying it all spraying dry PTFE coating from CRC i think.

well, now the first parts starting to arrive.
it takes time to get it all, but i'll keep updates and pictures coming. :biggrin:

Attachments

• DSC_0910.jpg
    DSC_0910.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 114
  • DSC_0911.jpg
    DSC_0911.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 126
right... while i'm waiting for parts, and have nothing better to use my freetime on, i just find stuff to do. today i made myself a licence-plate bracket. :biggrin: made a similar one for my last NSX also so i added a pic of this as well so you can see the final result. (because i haven't recieved the plates for this one yet)

Attachments

• DSC_0917.jpg
    DSC_0917.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 136
  • DSC_0918.jpg
    DSC_0918.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 160
  • DSC00521.jpg
    DSC00521.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 297
Finally! today i got some boxes from downforce.
the sideskirts and rear valence is here! :biggrin:
more parts should arrive this week, so i can soon start working on it!

Attachments

• DSC_0968.jpg
    DSC_0968.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 326
and today the last items on my order is in the house.
started easy today, and installed the EDM taillights and brakelight.
more pic's will come as the progress go on. ;)
DSC_0976.jpg

DSC_0977.jpg

DSC_0978.jpg

Last edited:
Took it out for a little testdrive today. the H&R's are awesome! :D
next up is wheel alignment, and inspection at Norwegian DMV before the rest of the parts gets installed.

Attachments

• DSC_0988.jpg
    DSC_0988.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 213
  • DSC_0989.jpg
    DSC_0989.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 168
  • DSC_0990.jpg
    DSC_0990.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 168
ok. today's update:
i've done wheel-alignment, and primered the new parts. :smile:
i'll keep pic's coming.

Attachments

• DSC_0992.jpg
    DSC_0992.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 172
  • DSC_0994.jpg
    DSC_0994.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 114
  • DSC_0995.jpg
    DSC_0995.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 106
Is the H&R cup kit you got just the regular bilstein HD dampers with the regular H&R lowering springs?

yeah! today i've finished painting the parts. still not sure if i should paint the middle part of the rear valence matte black, but i think i'm going for the full-gloss look. when i put on the front lip, there'll be no matte black details in the front either. what do you guys think?

Attachments

• DSC_0999.jpg
    DSC_0999.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 69
  • DSC_1000.jpg
    DSC_1000.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 75
well... it takes time but this weekend i have some freetime left over so here's an update. :) i've installed the DF rear valence, front Honda badge, Euro fog-lights and started on the skirts.
Yes, i know... i've painted the whole damn rear valence gloss black. i wondered back and forward for a long time, but decided that i liked it this way. and anyway, if i regret it, i'll simply paint it once more. :p
i also installed the fog-lights yesterday. it was a bitch to wire it so that it looks OEM. i HATE seeing aftermarket wires lying around the car.
but in the end it looked fantastic! :biggrin:
i wired it so they light up in light position-1, and turn off in pos-2 automaticly.
this because it's illegal here in the country to use the foglights together with the headlights. if the police see it,
it will result in a 400$ penalty. :mad: best to be on the safe side.
tomorrow i hope to get the skirts and front lip installed, and if time, i'll install the I-pod interface as well. more pic's to come. Enjoy!

Attachments

• DSC_1068 (2).jpg
    DSC_1068 (2).jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 151
  • DSC_1069.jpg
    DSC_1069.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 151
  • DSC_1071.jpg
    DSC_1071.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 161
  • DSC_1073.jpg
    DSC_1073.jpg