• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My 91 Turbo NSX V/S Modified 2013 Shelby Cobra GT Mustang

My 91 Turbo NSX V/S Modified 2013 Shelby Cobra GT Mustang

My NSX at time of race 581rwhp and really, really crappy Yokohama S-Drive Tires, was VERY difficult to prevent spinning out from a standstill

I don't know all mods on the mustang, but he said it was making around 750-760hp at the crank and close to 700whp.
I know that car stock has 662hp and 600 lbs torque, and does 0-60 in 3-5 seconds. So another 90-100hp or so on this car should be added to that time.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/FmigRDBx7ug?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I don't want to be that guy but even I wouldn't race like that on street like that with mailboxes and houses... You guys are probably in the 100's when you reach the people at the end. Just something I'd consider if I were to race like that I'd take it to a drag strip.

Cool video though, I was talking with someone at work about this new mustang and really didn't believe it and forgot about it until now.

Looks like they are in an industrial complex probably on a weekend when they are empty.

Looks like they are in an industrial complex probably on a weekend when they are empty.

You're 100% correct. We drove 30 minutes away from population into an empty industrial area and there was nobody around except the few people who came to race. I won't race my car whenever there's any public around as it's not fair to them.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't want to be that guy but even I wouldn't race like that on street like that with mailboxes and houses... You guys are probably in the 100's when you reach the people at the end. Just something I'd consider if I were to race like that I'd take it to a drag strip.

Cool video though, I was talking with someone at work about this new mustang and really didn't believe it and forgot about it until now.

There's wasn't any of the public around, this is far away in an area that is an industrial park, and on a Sunday afternoon when everything is closed.

The mustang is a powerful car. Hard to imagine getting that kind of horsepower for $54,000. Here's a writeup on them. http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2013-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-test-review

Last edited:
You're 100% correct. We drove 30 minutes away from population into an empty industrial area and there was nobody around except the few people who came to race. I won't race my car whenever there's any public around as it's not fair to them.

- - - Updated - - -

There's wasn't any of the public around, this is far away in an area that is an industrial park, and on a Sunday afternoon when everything is closed.

The mustang is a powerful car. Hard to imagine getting that kind of horsepower for $54,000. Here's a writeup on them. http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2013-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-test-review

Somewhat hard to tell from the vid, but you got a much better start than the Mustang driver and it looks like he gained on you the whole way and maybe was about to go by at the end. 1/4 mile would be the best test.

Somewhat hard to tell from the vid, but you got a much better start than the Mustang driver and it looks like he gained on you the whole way and maybe was about to go by at the end. 1/4 mile would be the best test.

If you really look at the video, the NSX was having problems with traction at the end. Given that the Mustang is about thousand pounds heavier their power to weight should be very similar.

If you really look at the video, the NSX was having problems with traction at the end. Given that the Mustang is about thousand pounds heavier their power to weight should be very similar.

I'd say I won, but barely. His tracton was much better than mine. I'm running 275 Yoko S-Drives and he was running 305 Some Extreme Performance tire.

I saw him the other night and he confirmed the car is in the 700+whp, so that's at least 120whp more than me at the tiime of the race. However, I've retuned to 612whp and am waiting on new wheels with better tires, so I'm down for a re-match.

There was a fully built, stroked viper WITH twin turbos on top that spanked me. But, it would spank anything.

Cool vid. You're losing alot of momentum between shifts.

Cool vid. You're losing alot of momentum between shifts.

Good eye. I need to do a tranny rebuild, 3rd Gear Synchro is failing, so I have to wait an extra second or 2 to make sure rpms are all they way down, otherwise it grinds super hard or won't even get into third.

Back