• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My 997.2 GT3 RS

I don't believe you:eek:...we need a pic of you holding up a sign next to the car that says..." please don't hate me because my car is faster" :biggrin:

I sold my 2002 LBB in December and bought this 2011 GT3 RS. I do miss my NSX, but this thing is an all together different beast. It is pushing 485hp and 385 ft lbs of torque. Absolute knife like precision in the turns and the brakes almost make your eyes pop out of your head. The carbon fiber seats hold you in place no matter how hard your turn.

I know the NSX and Porsche are completely different cars. Don't slam me...I owned 2 NSX's before I bought my Porsche. :smile:

Congrat. Beautiful car!!! I'd love to have just an 997 4S.

Here are my two.... I am lucky enough to own both : ) I must say if I was forced with the decision to get rid of one of them the GT3 would have to go. Just like the NSX much better and I really feel like I am driving a special car. The sound of the NSX cannot be matched either. As far as speed the GT3 is obviously faster and sticks to the road better but unless you track it you are not getting the most from the car. For me normal street or spirited driving is better done in the NSX : )

Attachments

• IMG_3043.jpg
    IMG_3043.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 273
Last edited:
Do you serve food in that kitchen? I mean garage? lol.

Seriously though, impressive. Congrats on the new beast!

Congrats on the car!! Love the color combination. IMHO the GT3/RS is the greatest modern day sport car. A friend of mine and I have driven my car for 12 hours to Road Atlanta for the weekend(22 cubic feet of trunk space), done a few track days too.:wink:

Btw - Any particular reason you aren't just doing a harness bar instead of a full cage?

Here is mine at a Parade lap at Road Atlanta last year.

Attachments

• GT3.jpg
    GT3.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 158
DXD,
That garage is BADASS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here are my two.... I am lucky enough to own both : ) I must say if I was forced with the decision to get rid of one of them the GT3 would have to go. Just like the NSX much better and I really feel like I am driving a special car. The sound of the NSX cannot be matched either. As far as speed the GT3 is obviously faster and sticks to the road better but unless you track it you are not getting the most from the car. For me normal street or spirited driving is better done in the NSX : )

Todd,
Very Sweet Ride!!! I love GT3, that is on my bucket list to have in my garage, but I want to add to it and never get rid of my NSX. there are bunch of friends of mine in Redlands that have sweet rides, we need to meet up, would love to get a up close look. Congrats... enjoy.

Here is the cage. Still allows me to throw stuff in the back...and looks WAY cool!

forgot the image....

Attachments

• blkgoldrs5.jpg
    blkgoldrs5.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 146
My Cayenne is in the shop today and the dealer gave me a beautiful dark blue '04 GT3 with 5.6K miles as a loaner. My Cayenne is about out of warranty so they are ratcheting up their game.
The GT3 is competely different but I cannot see getting rid of my NSX for one. 8200RPM red line, great exhaust tone, tons of power and superfluous 5 and 6th gears. 4th on the highway is 3800RPM @ 80.
Crazy car. Gotta go now and run a couple "errands"...

That's a very heavy duty rollbar, it is not a "cage".

Beautiful car Todd.

that is a very cool car... not a fan of porsche's myself, but you can't argue with a GT3 RS... i'm getting a ride in one at the track soon, can't wait to see how that thing feels.

Hey Todd, Awesome car. Although your sound clip is nice it does not compare to hearing the car in person. At least through my speakers. Last year at the local dry cleaners I saw a guy dropping off his laundry in his GT3 RS. If you run errands in that car what do you use for serious driving?

That thing is a monster! Congrats!

I cant believe Porsche dealers in OH give out GT3 loaners :eek:

When I had my 996, I could barely get the jackoffs in the NY/NJ area to provide a Ford focus rental car loaner!

Back