• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My cursed nsx ownership....

I'll miss the avatar...and your candor....but like I always say ...being a primate does not require an nsx:wink:
I’ll still be around doc... I cannot let newbz make the same mistakes.:cool:

Maybe my prime handle was not a good idea...:biggrin: Oh well, just a car. Lots more to love.

Maybe [MENTION=3821]DocL[/MENTION] can pick up your Prime handle given his NC1 track record.

Maybe an NC1 in your future?

Thanks buddy. Do I get a cup of coffee too.

Comes with two Lusso girls. Hahah. But naw, it really sucks you’re having all these gen2 issues.
Hope it all gets sorted out bud.

Ugh. I went and saw your FS thread and I was like: Wait a minute -- no way.

I'm so heartbroken to hear this man. I'm so sorry about the bad luck as well. I know 100% if this was me, I'd probably throw in the towel as well. God, so much stuff goes into it. Hope you definitely stick around man. You're a wealth of knowledge at this point.

Keep us posted on what you get into next. :)

I was always going to keep the car, but I’m not sad it is gone and it can move on to someone who has the time to enjoy it and hate it at the same time. :biggrin: One big ticket item I learned is that this cars motors, their suspension, and their transmissions absolutely hate aftermarket parts. I’d never boost another nsx again. Lesson learned for me, If I want a fast car with performance it will come from the factory that way in the future. Been looking at boats and or M4. But also need another big boy car. I’m thinking new Lincoln Navigator or aviator. Always leasing though for cars.
Ugh. I went and saw your FS thread and I was like: Wait a minute -- no way.

I'm so heartbroken to hear this man. I'm so sorry about the bad luck as well. I know 100% if this was me, I'd probably throw in the towel as well. God, so much stuff goes into it. Hope you definitely stick around man. You're a wealth of knowledge at this point.

Keep us posted on what you get into next. :)

I usually look for something fun and nice to read before bed. This bums me out greatly. Sorry to hear about all this Jinks, take some time to just be, and we'll see where things go... Hopefully not too far, or hopefully back somewhere awfully similar one day soon.

I hope you were able to use your receipts towards your claim. Please do keep the thread updated if you happen to find out which auction it goes to, as I'm sure many people will be curious.

I hope you were able to use your receipts towards your claim. Please do keep the thread updated if you happen to find out which auction it goes to, as I'm sure many people will be curious.

‘I had an agreed value policy with a zero deductible payment. ;-)

Care to share what his advice was regarding driving in the rain.
Sorta left us hanging.
Just my 2 cents here. I ran into something similar to Jinks, but my car did not spin fortunately (doing 40-50mph). However I was on summer tires which had plenty of tread. I was on I95 headed to BWI and hydroplaned over an unseen puddle during a turn. WHile the car did not spin, those few seconds the car was slaloming seemed like minutes. I put all seasons on the next day. Fortunately no one else was on the road at 6am on a Saturday. I dont have summer tires anymore (replaced them last month) but when it was pouring I would slap on the all seasons (had 2 sets of wheels/tires - old GTCs with all seasons and Advan Model 5s that used to have summers).

If/when you do have to drive in the rain, I make it my point to be the last car, with other sports cars (also driving slow) or delivery trucks, and of course keeping my distance (specially these days with all the texters). Watch out for those puddles and just watch where the water is on the road. Keep in high gear so you dont get that urge to push the pedal (and spin - its not hard to do in the rain). Had an STI and put 100k on it and never ran into any such experiences, on any weather (all seasons). I dont have that driving confidence in the NSX.

Driving between sites during NSXCapades in Orlando earlier in December, then home to South Florida, was an adventure. I have Direzza Ziii on my car, and it was a bit white-knuckle. I stayed in the tracks of the cars in front of me, especially trucks (which move aside a lot of standing water). I kept speeds in the 55 MPH range, which frustrated drivers around me, but I didn't care. For the most part it was just fine, but there was one moment where the rear wiggled a bit just enough to tell me the car was starting to aquaplane. Luckily, the rain eased up around Vero Beach and the rest of the trip home was uneventful, but with wide tires and a relatively light car, it's really easy for the tires to get up on the water. Sorry, Jinks, hope you find your next toy(s).

I was leading the pack of cars on 95 in traffic. Doing 75/80 ish. I now know how a sock feels in a washing machine.:biggrin:
I’ve had the back slip out before in the rain. This time it happened in a split second. Kinda crazy.

^^^
I’m sure someone will save it and it’ll be back on the road in no time.

I'm assuming someone will buy it for around the 20k marker. Unfortunately, the rear panel under the taillights has damage. So, to get them to fit correctly some frame repair is necessary.
Thanks for the link [MENTION=9515]socalx[/MENTION]

Sorry to hear of your pain and loss, Jinks.

Glad you were not seriously injured or anything though.

Best of luck in the future.

On the topic of wet weather driving, it's all about the tire (which includes type and size, mostly width and a little bit diameter which would in turn affect contact patch).
When I first bought my car, it had some shit ass tires on it, but on stock wheels and stock sizes (15"/16"). Drove it back from Miami, Florida and made it to the Georgia border in one tank of gas without stopping and like 8 hours or something less.
And that was through a lot of torrential Florida summer time down pours on the interstate averaging mid to high 80s, if not more. Did not once feel anything twitch, granted maybe some of that was due to my 0* toe alignment that I didn't know of.
I eventually learned my lesson with those tires on a cold morning in the Chicago area and then when the belts on them decided to shift out to the edges and bow (concave) the contact patch driving back from Atlanta (two separate occasions). Imagine a NSX limping along the interstate at barely legal minimum speeds, with the car thumping along every rotation, while everything including semi-trucks flew by. Both rear tires went visibly concave so no point in trying to use the spare tire.

Switched to Yokohama AD08 tires in stock sizes and eventually on to the AD08R, always had confidence when tread life was within spec and at high speed wet weather driving. They are Extreme Performance Summer tires, but if you just look at the tread pattern, you can see they are designed to channel water in an effort to resist hydroplaning. They are more expensive than other likewise Extreme Performance Summer tires with worse wet weather performance, but worth every single penny when you want to be able to drive your car in any conditions save for temperatures well below freezing.

Sorry for the rant. I am no expert.

Last edited:
Jinks, not sure if you're active anymore but someone hit one of my cars today. I sent you a PM but your box is full. Do you mind sending me a PM?

I helped Jinks with his incident. It helped that he had a stated value collector insurance policy, and I referred him to the best place in S. Florida to asses the damage to his car. Nothing else can help if you don't have the aforementioned.

Jinks...
So sorry to read this thread. My honest condolences.
H-

Back