• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My feedback as NSX owner

Where do I start…. I’ve owned my NSX for about 5 months now, all I say can is WOW WOW WOW :eek: what a magnificent piece of art!! Every night when I came home from work, it gives me an unexplainable joy just seeing her sitting in the garage :biggrin: . I wonder when will this joy go away……….most likely never :biggrin: .

My NSX had brought me many first time experience, regular attendee of NSX forum, thirst of knowledge for a car, meeting people on internet, meeting people in person that I first met on internet, checking out cars for members that I have never met, letting members drive my car that I have never met before, met couple of my buddy on Prime that I frequently talk with now :biggrin: . These are all great experience that I’ll never forget, and for sure I will jump on Primer’s request in the future to help out whenever I can. (Do I sound like I am selling my car? To clear this up, NO I AM NOT SELLING MY CAR)

I haven’t been driving my NSX lately, because some lady back into me last month and gave me a small dent on the hood :frown: . The dent itself is not too bad, but the worse part is that it cracked my paint. So being a perfectionist, I don’t want to take her out until I have time to get it fixed.

Lately that had been many post regarding younger generation’s buying decision regarding NSX. And my thoughts, don’t do it unless you can have three to four thousands to spare for emergency and maintenance cost. There is no doubt that some are finance able to make the purchase of the car, but the problem would be maintaining it. Plus you need to weight the “plus and minus” of having NSX, plus = owning and driving NSX, minus = giving up weekends to work in order to support ownership, love the car to much afraid to take her out, caught the mod bug, work too much flunk school etc….you get the idea. Over the past five month I have spent……..let me try to list them

Necessity:
Oil change $65
Replaced coolant bottle (OEM) $350 (unexpected surprise)
Replaced water pump and timing belt $1250
60K miles major tune up $975
Due soon :frown: OEM clutch $1900
There were actually many more parts that had took advantage of some types of factory 10 year warranty (free of charge) :biggrin:

Mod:
Custom wheels from another Prime member $1200
Carbon fiber trims $250
Targa cover holder hook $40
Tail lights and rear emblem $700
Comptech header $1400
Small rear spoiler $120
Aftermarket exhaust $1200
02 Rear valence $655
Type R mesh shift boot $90
GruppeM shift knob $80
New floor mat $100
Home made intake $ Priceless :biggrin:

Of course you can always argue that you can do without some of these mods that I had listed, but just trying to give some examples on the cost for most of the simple mod that you would do on any regular car.

Last but not least, I’d like to say that it’s an honor to be part of this community :biggrin:

I am glad to hear that you are still excited about your car. When I bought my first NSX I remember feeling like that and hearing other people on this site telling me that the feeling of excitement will fade in about a year or so. Well, it has been about 5-6 years since I bought my first NSX, I now have a second NSX sitting in the garage with it, and I am even MORE excited than I was before. The feeling has not faded, and I still love going out to the garage when the pressures of life get me down and just sitting in the NSX. It makes everything so much easier to put into perspective. So keep your excitement alive, and remember that it only gets better from here....putting more and more miles onto your NSX will remind you how lucky you are to be alive, and an NSX owner. :smile:

NoggZ said:
Congrats! Do you have any updated pictures of your car with the 02 valence and the new wheels?

How far from Sacramento, CA do you live?

Ryan

I do have updated pictures with new wheels, but rear valence is just sitting in storage, waiting for other body kit and engine mod to be put on at the same tim. I'll probably need to rent a suv to move the parts that I have to body shop :biggrin:

BTW I am about 5-6 hours away from you (I think) I am in 91780, if you ever come to southern CA, let me know, we can go for a ride :biggrin:

Meeyatch1 said:
I am glad to hear that you are still excited about your car. When I bought my first NSX I remember feeling like that and hearing other people on this site telling me that the feeling of excitement will fade in about a year or so. Well, it has been about 5-6 years since I bought my first NSX, I now have a second NSX sitting in the garage with it, and I am even MORE excited than I was before. The feeling has not faded, and I still love going out to the garage when the pressures of life get me down and just sitting in the NSX. It makes everything so much easier to put into perspective. So keep your excitement alive, and remember that it only gets better from here....putting more and more miles onto your NSX will remind you how lucky you are to be alive, and an NSX owner. :smile:

glad to know I am not the only one that feels this way :biggrin:

Back