• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My First SCCA Race

it's a 12a with the *ahem* stock gearbox!
frown.gif

Oh well, as they say...better luck next time!!

Compared to the PRO-7 car, the NSX is heavier (you can toss the PRO-7 around better on the track) but the NSX has much better brakes and much more power.

It's really quite a rush afterward to get back into my high-boost BBSC NSX and realize just how fast and well put together it is in comparison to the race car I had all weekend!

------------------
All My NSX'es Live in Texas

Still looks like a lot of fun and if you hit someone I am sure it does not cost like the NSX. lol I used to talk with Brian at Mostly Mazda, he is a good guy and ran in World Challenge, give him a call, or Tri-point seems to be good as well.

Sounds like a lot of fun.

Brings to mind a "cycle" I saw in another exoticar list.
biggrin.gif

######################

FWIW, the sequence of events I've seen play out many times goes something like this:

1. Buy cool fast car.

2. Start going to track events. Get hooked.

3. Throw lots of money at cool fast car.

4. Realize that cool, fast car does not fit in any racing classes.

5. Buy slower, cheaper car to race.

6. Notice that actually racing slow, "cheap" car costs as much as track days with the cool, fast car.

7. Sell cool, fast car.

8. Race, race, race.

9. Realize that you're broke, the house is falling down (because you have no time to deal with it), and you're sick of driving a big diesel pickup to the 7-11.

10. Sell all race junk.

11. Buy cool fast car.

Repeat.

your list is quite amazing. I am on 8, in order, and getting deeper into 9 considering my daily driver is a 7.3 litre powerstroke excursion (better with a kid).......scary.

LOL!!! That list is great!!!

So true!!
smile.gif

Instead of the diesel, I got the 360 cubic Inch (5.9l) Jeep Grand Cherokee as the tow vehicle / daily driver...it does 0-60 in about 7 sec but only runs on 91 premium! Ouch!!
smile.gif

Back