• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My Lamborghini Aventador Test Drive aka, the benefits of being friends with Shiraki P

One passed us on the Autobahn today as we were riding in a tour bus headed to the castles in Bavaria from Munich. Our bus was traveling at 100 km/h which is top speed allowed for a bus and he passed us as if we were not moving! OMG! :eek:

You are supercharged right? So your linear pull would be more inline with the Aventador's acceleration rather than my see-saw with the turbo boosting.

Hard to say how much, but I would picture a slow and steady pull away as the Lambo's got 100+ whp advantage. Also depending on how fast you take it, the gearing and the higher top end should give the Lambo the advantage after you clear 120 mph.

Good to know. I've already seen 3 in my 'hood.

So far I haven't lost a race in the NSX from a roll. I would be honored to loose to the Aventador since it's a worthy car.... just need to get an idea of just how bad.

Yes, the baby seals, chicks, ducklings, oh and I forgot the endangered spotted owls! :smile:

And the manatees....jeessh. :rolleyes:

Nice write up. I'm jealous.

Haha and you look like a bad ass in the pic. :biggrin:

I hate you!

Provide the video or I will lead the call for your banishment.

you lucky bitch............ :wink:

Great write up, but the only thing that stood out for me was tightening up your third eye. That is pure gold!!!

DSC_3526FINALLR.jpg

DSC_3535FINALLR.jpg

hmmm I think your arm is an autobot...tricepticons engage:tongue:

lol I just saw this. Bryans one of my best friends out here in Vegas and experiencing these cars first hand is something I just had to share with him.

I probably have some of the most seat time in this car out of anyone in the US right now and after reading his review I agree 100% with his analysis and couldn't describe it better myself.

I posted a photoshoot of the new Aventador and Superveloce not too long ago on prime. If you haven't seen it be sure to check it out here.

Heres one of the shots:

I personally like the LP670 SuperVeloce a bit better. The creaks, rattles, and unadulterated rawness of the king of Murcielagos really makes me pucker and a bit scared for my life. As Richard Hammond was saying in his review, the new Aventador just doesn't scare you like the old bulls did. However, out on the track the Aventador is an absolute monster. For such a huge car its light, snappy, and nimble. It felt like driving the smaller superleggera gallardo but with a lot more power. Totally unlike the porky, heavy, and clumsy Murcielago.

And I'm going on record now, the NSX vs Aventador was not a street race at all. We're way too mature and responsible for that sort of childish behavior. We just did a 10mph-35mph spirited acceleration... :cool:

245d2e4cd970d66440744bb6e2eae496_large.jpg

0d32445895f95f718c714bd35235c28a_large.jpg

464fd6fb55253d1e953b5efdc271018d_large.jpg

26b819b49abf13734c3580aac51ff2a9_large.jpg

d09d9c084e5159ccbc8c8d6d6dca82ac_large.jpg

a312ba2a2a7b6921ec9f67ccd24b6c00_large.jpg

cc797a275a62bcbbdf966815b45bd178_large.jpg

(I'm sorry I can't post the video)

Last edited:
(Don't know why all the Top Gears videos recently on youtube are mirrored)

I thought it was obvious? Because they drive on the other side of the road! :biggrin:

Sweet video. Just think, with all your engine builds you could have got an aventador instead. ;)

We were doing about 70 when i filmed this...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=d419ae8921e8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LOL - You guys are entertaining.

Personally - I would find the last Murci SV with a 6 spd. manual and hold on it for 10+ years. It will be worth a $1MM!

Back