• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My new dog

I had to put down my dog after 14 years of having him Christmas Eve. We wanted to take some time off to travel and do other things, but couldn't wait anymore. We found a 10 month old BullMastiff on Petfinder and finally picked him up Sunday afternoon. He is very laid back and gentle. His name is Jose.

Attachments

• jose1.jpg
    jose1.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 109
  • jose3.jpg
    jose3.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 106
  • jose4.jpg
    jose4.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG00311-20090322-1327.jpg
    IMG00311-20090322-1327.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
I have to put down my dog after 14 years of having him Christmas Eve. We wanted to take some time off to travel and do other things, but couldn't wait anymore. We found a 10 month old BullMastiff on Petfinder and finally picked him up Sunday afternoon. He is very laid back and gentle. His name is Jose.
very sorry to hear of your loss... losing a member of your is very difficult.

but, congratulations on having jose become a part of your family - good for him, good for you guys!

That thing is a monster!

Speaking of, I remember as a kid riding my bike down the street when all the sudden I hear all this barking!!! Holy crap, I start peddling for dear life. I look back and there was no dog to be seen. But I still hear all this barking noise. I look down and there is this little dog running while barking aside me and jumping at me. I panic for a split second, just enough time for me to loose control and crash into the curb. :redface: Still have the scar.

Wow that mastiff looks good, funny how the bigger dogs are more gentle and docile. congrates!

except for the two mastiffs that attacked and killed thier owner a couple of weeks ago:eek::mad: http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/weird/Huge-Dogs-Kill-Master.html?corder=&pg=1

don't know much about those dogs, but it seems they are making the news in a bad way....Not saying they are all bad dogs, but this is second time I've heard this kinda story regarding this type of dog...

nsxlover, sorry to hear about your loss and hope the new one lives as long as the last...

Last edited:
Congratulations on the new addition to the family.

except for the two mastiffs that attacked and killed thier owner a couple of weeks ago:eek::mad: http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/weird/Huge-Dogs-Kill-Master.html?corder=&pg=1

don't know much about those dogs, but it seems they are making the news in a bad way....Not saying they are all bad dogs, but this is second time I've heard this kinda story regarding this type of dog...

nsxlover, sorry to hear about your loss and hope the new one lives as long as the last...

Not to stray from the op's thread, but there is no such thing as a bad dog. Only bad dog owners.

those are not true mastiffs. they must be mixed and are actually VERY small compared to full blooded mastiffs. I have two english mastiffs, both are around 200lbs and are as gentle as it gets. Thats why they are referred to as gentle giants.

Congrats on the new pup

Back