• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My NSX cranks, but won’t start

AEM still sells the FIC. In the scope of NSX parts, not super expensive, about $400 new. Since they still appear to support the FIC, perhaps they provide a repair service. That way you could have a back-up in case your new one dies in 10 years and AEM is no longer supporting the product.

On the smog dyno, they won't know that, and high boost pulley doesn't trigger a visual fail, but in either case, you should choose a tuner and see what they recommend. There's a few in the socal area, or even a drive to Arizona to see SOS might be worth it.

I won’t pass with FIC, it is a high boost set up 

Ok, finally my car is up and running! Long story short I shipped the unit to AEM, but they could not find any problem with it, only updated firmware. After getting it back and downloading my cal file I plugged it in, but car didn’t start, I downloaded cal again, but kept laptop connected. Car started, but as soon as I unplugged the usb cable car died again. Tried few times, but same result. I was about to ship it to AEM again, but decided to check harness connections again. Something caught my eye, some contacts inside the connector, especially pin 16 responsible for bringing 12v to the fic were wider then others. I adjusted contact blades by squeezing them closer, sprayed contact cleaner on all of the contacts, plugged connectors and car started. Few days later and everything works perfect! All it was, as for not being able to connect to laptop in the beginning, that was my bad, have to admit I was not opening cal file correctly, nerves played joke on me
All is good now, car feels fantastic as always, even maybe better after the update and better contacts everywhere

Wow, connector performance is one of those things that always seems difficult to figure out in my mind. I’m really glad you were able to do it. Congrats.

Back