• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My NSX-R (well not quite)

Seems like there are quite a few people doing NSX-R conversions.

Here's my my attempt, what do you guys think?

Still have a few things to do, I've got the NSX-R under bonnet air guide to fit and my mesh NSX-R engine cover should be here any day.

12834DSC01139.JPG

12834DSC01136.JPG

12834DSC01132.JPG

12834DSC01122.JPG

12834DSC01114.JPG

12834DSC01089.JPG

12834DSC01077.JPG

12834DSC01076.JPG

12834DSC01074.JPG

12834DSC01073.JPG

12834DSC01070.JPG

12834DSC01094.JPG

12834DSC01126.JPG

12834DSC01128.JPG

12834DSC00943.JPG

Thanks goes to Detlef (Procar Specials) for supplying a lot of the parts, although I think he should thank me the amount of £££ (or should that be $$$) that I have paid him ;)

Last edited:
wow, you did a awesome job. the fitment looks perfect.!!
your wife must be angry if you leave all the parts next to the bed!!:eek:

It's one of our spare bedrooms, but yes my wife is angry at all the money I've 'wasted' on my car :biggrin:

WOW :eek:

very nice
Looks like a real type-r :smile:

Not to mention a 2005 coupe… that’s pretty rare or in USA it’s non existent :frown:

Looks great but is your car silver? It looks silver from the reflection? nice job though..:smile:

lots of top notch products on the car... $$$$ ... and it always shows... great job~!!!:wink:

Hardcore to the bone. You're in UK right? (Yellow rear plate). Kinda remind me of Tsuchiya's NSX-R except instead of all pearl white yours seems to be silver. Beautiful car and beautiful mods.

Thanks for all of the compliments.

My car is Sebring Silver, unfortunately white NSXs are extremely rare in the UK. I only know of three 2002+ spec cars - one is Grand Prix White, one is Platinum White Pearl (one of the last 12 specials) and one is Championship White (the real UK spec NSX-R), I suppose there might be some more?

If Honda UK had decided to sell the NSX-R I would have bought one, but they didn't so I decided to create my own.

As Jin1976 so carefully spotted :wink: my inspiration was KT's car.

I thought silver would be the best colour to go for as I would't have to do the lights and the wheels - my car would be kinda all silver as opposed to all white.

I'm not going to do the red interior as I think the amount of $$$ for the real NSX-R Recaros is a bit too excessive. Instead, I'm going to do an NSX Type S style interior with custom black leather Recaros and SOS rails.

Plus a few more things........:biggrin:

Very, Very Nice. I love the white type R and type r replica's but something about that silver really does it for me. It looks like sebring, not silverstone...UK only?

Overall, 2 thumbs up.:biggrin:

Hi Chris,

Your car looks absolutely beautiful. It really does.
All you have do now is to buy that NSX Type R engine that Detlef still has :smile:

Are you planning to go to any NSX-related visits on mainland Europe. There's always a couple of UK NSX's there and it is always very nice to meet other NSX-people. Last year at Spa, there was an original NSX Type S from the UK as well.

simply amazing peice of work you have there! this really shows that money IS an object.. an object known as the NSX :biggrin:

great work man, keep it up. this is probably one of the most beautiful NSXs I've seen to date!

djjoonie said:
wow, you did a awesome job. the fitment looks perfect.!!
your wife must be angry if you leave all the parts next to the bed!!:eek:

that is his wife.. lol.. j/k..

where's the nsx-r seats?? no seats no care.. :cool:

ChrisR said:
Seems like there are quite a few people doing NSX-R conversions.

Here's my my attempt, what do you guys think?

Still have a few things to do, I've got the NSX-R under bonnet air guide to fit and my mesh NSX-R engine cover should be here any day.

12834DSC00943.JPG

Thanks goes to Detlef (Procar Specials) for supplying a lot of the parts, although I think he should thank me the amount of £££ (or should that be $$$) that I have paid him ;)

Chris

Did you get the engine cover prop bar also fro Detlef?

PS Nice job on the car.

Armando

Back