• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My NSX Story

It's mine... the day I knew would come, although it seemed like an eternity away. I finally own an NSX and I couldn't be happier. Now on to the back-story...

So, I've wanted an NSX for as long as I can remember. The first time I saw one was at a hospital when a doctor pulled up in one. My jaw was on the floor and I told my mom that I was going to have one (I'm 24 now - so I was pretty young then... 12 or so). My brother and I loved cars and would always inform each other of whenever we saw one. All the details, color, how fast it was going... anything. Fast forward to 2 years ago, I had just started working at a new job and I was getting to know the people I was working with. There was one guy who was my age who had some car posters in his office - so I said, "I saw an NSX in the garage today, it's my dream car. I wonder who owns it." He smiled and said "My friend is letting me 'borrow' it for a while". I promptly begged for a ride and he obliged. I remember laughing at how low it was to get in and loving that little throttle blip on startup. As we exited the garage and hit a long side road - my life changed at 6000rpm. VTEC is glory. I was hooked - I didn't just "want" to have one... I "needed" to have one. This guy had the NSX I wanted, black on black and gorgeous. As with all 'borrowed' things it had to go back to the owner and I never saw it again.
So, fast forward to 2 weeks ago. My friend comes up to me and says... "So, that black NSX is for sale". That once sentence set in motion a chain of events that led me to test drive "the black NSX". If I loved riding in it... driving it was a whole new world. I am happy to say that I bought it. I bought it without hesitation or regret and haven't stopped smiling since.
The first NSX I ever rode in - became the first NSX I ever drove - became the first NSX I ever owned. It was hard to "tuck it in" and close the door to the garage as I went to bed last night. It's finally mine!!!!

NSX_002.jpg

case of a real first sight love stroke... you guys were meant for each other :D

good story. Welcome on Prime.

Wow, what a great story. Congratulations on your new car. Did I miss the year, mileage, extras, etc.? Good luck and keep it clean. Cairo

Congrats and great story.

What are the specs on your car?

The details....

Here are the stats on my NSX. It is a 91 - Black/Black with 95k miles.

It has had the following mods done:
- Comptech exhaust
- DC Sports headers
- dali racing 22mm hollow swaybars
- ground control coil-over adapters with koni sport shocks
- 325/425 spring rates
- cantrell concepts side vent to intake duct
- dali racing coolant bottle
- dali racing stainless hose kit
- 6.5" door speakers with 100watt kicker amp
- Enkei RPM2 17/18" rims with Yokohama AVS 100's

Things I have to address (any advice is welcomed):
- Drivers side window is slow to go up
- Center amp is causing hissing
- Climate control only blows on high
- no AC - I'm lucky I live in seattle
- Antennta mast is slightly bent and doesnt fully retract.

From what I've seen the FAQ's addres all of the above issues.. so I'll be digging around in there to figure things out.

Nice story,did you post the spring rates in order?meaning front/rear?If so you may want to have an experienced nsx owner drive your car in the future to give you some feedback on that setup,the typical aftermarket setups that work best(more neutral handling to slight understeer) have the stiffer springs up front.

It was my car. It's like a super-model. I hate to see her go, but I love to watch her leave. :) Selling to someone so enthusiastic makes it so much easier to part with. He's local, and a friend of a friend, so I'll still get to see the car on a regular basis.

I finally succumbed to the call of the AWD turbo:

http://home.earthlink.net/~mruete/STI/

-Mike

Congrats on getting your dream car. I felt the same way when I got my first NSX, and still feel the same way today. Actually, I feel even more excited come to think of it. :D

Re: The details....

1. Drivers side window is slow to go up
--get it lube or DYI in the faq section.
2. Center amp is causing hissing
--belongs the car phone, you won't need it...........disconnect it.
3. Climate control only blows on high
---do you really need it? toss it from weight reduction or dont' turn it on.
4. no AC - I'm lucky I live in seattle
--problem solved here
5. Antennta mast is slightly bent and doesnt fully retract.
--push it down all the way and disconnect it. you will still get radio reception. :D

congradulation!!!!

Back