• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My NSX

Here...hehe

NSX3.jpg

NSX4.jpg

------------------

So what other exotics do you have to race with on Guam? I saw that you mentioned 4 other NSX's. Is racing big on the Island.

While on Grand Cayman I saw so many cars.. seems to be the Island thing to do. Saw an NSX on Cayman and was only there for a few days.

Last time I was there, I've came across Testarossa and 348.

Only downside of owning an exotic in Guam is lack of competent mechanic. No one is trained to do major service on a car simply because there is no authorized dealers to train them (except for Acura).

[This message has been edited by Jay (edited 12 January 2001).]

Jay is correct, as far as finding a competent mechanic on Guam. You'd have to take it to the dealer if you want it done right. Even at that, they're probably still not the best qualified, experienced, or knowledgeable mechanics.

I have however seen the trend change a lot in the past couple of years in that most dealers are really making sure that their mechanics are up to par in the latest technologies and training available.

As far as other exotics to race, I'd say zero! Sure there's a Testarossa, 308, couple of Porsches, 1 viper, couple of vettes, and some prowlers, but the hard part is meeting up with them when both of you are driving your cars, and finding space to race in the stop and go traffic. There's no legal drap strip out here(it's being built right now), and from one traffic light to the next it's real close that there's not enough room to really open up.

All is not lost though, as one can find happiness just driving the car. By the end of February we should have our 1/4 mile strip ready for racing, and that's something I've been looking forward to for a couple of years now

Jay, the 348 was shipped off island, at least that's what I heard. I don't see it anymore.

Back