• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My Veilside NSX

Congrats on a job well done. However, it's certainly not my taste. I think these Veilside kits ruin the integrity of what makes the car so great. To remove aluminum panels and replace with Fiberglass, I just find strange. But, to each their own.

Let me explain why to change the aluminium part for fiberglass:

1. Lighter (my car weighs approx. 75 kg less than before)
2. Easier to work with/repair
3. Cheaper

From my point of view, I took a great but outdated (designwise) car and modernized it.

I love your car! It doesn't look much like a NSX anymore, but that's okay. As much as I love the looks of the NSX, it does look a little dated and yours looks like a modern supercar. Nicely done and congrats on a beautiful, modern looking vehicle!

Thanks! Exactly my point of view.

That is hideous, especially the back....if u cant dig the original lines of the NSX why not just buy something else that look like this piece of crap in the first place :mad:

Maybe im wrong, but weren't you defending yourself when people were calling your car names ie the pimp mobile? It turned into a heated debate but someone correct me if this was not the member.
edit: dont, here was the thread. http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48144

To the op, I think your car is sick. Only part i would do different is the wheels not from the design, but it would bug me the face two different way and arent symetric, but thats just me. Overall the car looks sick though, I was going to do the same kit if i would have bought a older nsx :), in white.

Last edited:
Maybe im wrong, but weren't you defending yourself when people were calling your car names ie the pimp mobile? It turned into a heated debate but someone correct me if this was not the member.
edit: dont, here was the thread. http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48144

To the op, I think your car is sick. Only part i would do different is the wheels not from the design, but it would bug me the face two different way and arent symetric, but thats just me. Overall the car looks sick though, I was going to do the same kit if i would have bought a older nsx :), in white.

Thanks! I think this kit would suit your NSX aswell, despite yours being a newer model ;) I've hear of an american guy who makes perfectly good (?) copies for half the retail price of this.

Concerning XLuder and people like him, I couldn't care less. He seems to have some issues that hasn't been sorted out since his thread was started 6 years ago.

EDIT: Some spelling and grammar.

very nice car!

it might be the angle of the pics...but the car looks like it needs to be lowered...

also 285 tires are too skinny...

you need 345

1984_Pantera_594_Lg_MVC341S.JPG

lamborghini-diablo-gtr-10.jpg

mclarenf1carsilverrear.jpg

Last edited:
Let me explain why to change the aluminium part for fiberglass:

1. Lighter (my car weighs approx. 75 kg less than before)
2. Easier to work with/repair
3. Cheaper

From my point of view, I took a great but outdated (designwise) car and modernized it.

I am surprised about lighter part too...I was talking to VeilSide customer rep on the phone before and he said that the RX-7 widebody kit will save some weight too.

I am surprised about lighter part too...I was talking to VeilSide customer rep on the phone before and he said that the RX-7 widebody kit will save some weight too.

Thanks! I agree that the car needs to be lowered. However, this is primarily a street car and I need to be able to get past speed bumps and rough roads and that is very difficult as it is.

Those tires are insane! Of course I need them =)

maybe consider getting a Honda badge?
:biggrin:

0901261212171.jpg

0901261212173.jpg

also, why don't you have headlight covers?

0804241117041.jpg

0804241117047.jpg

Veilside makes some awesome kits. There's an RX-7 wide body kit that's awesome as well. I personally like the lines on my NSX and mine's is an 03. I'm quite happy with the facelift from the 90s and 2K models so I think I'll leave mine alone for a bit longer. True Veilside kits are polyurethane and cost $$. If I was gonna do it I wouldn't do it any other way. I don't like fiberglass as it tends to crack easily. Especially an issue for side skirts and front bumpers if you're lowered.

To say the least! I've almost caused more than a few accidents because people forget that they are driving, when I pass them or they pass me. People tend to stop doing whatever they are doing when they see me, and just stares. Alot of them takes pictures, and a couple of them come up to me and asks questions, of most concerning the origin of the car. Most guesses it's a Ferrari F50, Saleen S7 or a Koeniggsegg CCX. When I say it's a Honda they think I'm joking around =)

There are only a handful of cars in the world that looks more of a supercar than mine, in my opinion, so I don't blame them.

I can't wait til I get my veil side done..... I love whoever did the job it looks so clean,

Veilside makes some awesome kits. There's an RX-7 wide body kit that's awesome as well. I personally like the lines on my NSX and mine's is an 03. I'm quite happy with the facelift from the 90s and 2K models so I think I'll leave mine alone for a bit longer. True Veilside kits are polyurethane and cost $$. If I was gonna do it I wouldn't do it any other way. I don't like fiberglass as it tends to crack easily. Especially an issue for side skirts and front bumpers if you're lowered.

NO!

True VeilSide is always fibergrass or carbon fiber. You're talking about knock-off polyurethane ones.

I even remember reading an article how Mr.Yokomaku was saying he won't use polyurethane because the paint won't stick well or something.

that's why in Japan, most VeilSide kits have 50% off deal for your second one...so you buy a front bumper for $1500...you crack it badly, and VeilSide will trade your old one + $750 so that you can get the new one.

also, he was saying some VeilSide kits have split bumper, so you can just replace the bottom part.

like this

SupraC2.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks! I agree that the car needs to be lowered. However, this is primarily a street car and I need to be able to get past speed bumps and rough roads and that is very difficult as it is.

Those tires are insane! Of course I need them =)
yea..I've seen people with 285 tires on stock body...so you definitely should get wider ones! :cool:

Please post more pix of ur veil side , by the way what is ur off set for the rims front n back

Here are some more:

Me getting my baby ready early in the morning
IMG_2803.JPG

IMG_2809.JPG

IMG_2858.JPG

I don't have the covers because I took em off. Looks better without them. Besides, they had some nasty cracks.
sk_ne_086.JPG

My other baby Emma took this photo and accidentally cought her own reflection in the newly polished paint =)
sk_ne_046.JPG

sk_ne_042.JPG

Horses and horse. And Emma on horse.
IMG_2907.JPG

My interior. Stock with painted consoles and a fire extinguisher.
sk_ne_068.JPG

I can't wait til I get my veil side done..... I love whoever did the job it looks so clean,

Yeah it is nicely executed. Credits to the builder, Olle Olsson for piecing it together. He even did the painting himself.

The car was featured in a Swedish car magazine back in '05 when it was built. The online edition with pictures can be found here (swedish only):

http://www.sportbilen.se/page.php?id=53

Can't remember the offset for the fronts, but it is 0 mm in the back =)

New wheels (think Volk or advans), lower a tad more, paint rear diffuser part black & add head light covers.... oh, and put a turbo on it... and u got a bitchen car :biggrin:

I personally love 02+ oem nsx, so this is a lil hard to swallow.. but like said before, what ever makes you happy is what matters!

Hejsan,
What a beautiful ride you have created! My wife and I have a summer home in Ostersund, and will be coming home this summer to visit family.

Perhaps we can visit to meet you and see the car in person...please tell us what types of mods (stereo, engine, suspension) that you have added.

Gumby

Not my type of shoes. If you like it thats all its matter
Congrats to you

Sorry, not a fan of it, but then i have never liked Veilside's work. I don't get the motivation to change the look of the NSX so much... if you dont' like the NSX look, why did you get one in the first place?

Anyway, glad you're pleased with it, that's what matters!

Back