• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

N/A power that can be achieved?

As far as I know 380-400 Crank Horsepower is about as much as you can go.
The Japanese Tuners like Esprit have tuned the N/A NSX engine to 380+ I think with these Mods:
Velocity/Throttle Stacks
Ram Air Roof scoop and Lexan Hatch
JUN High Compression Forged Pistons (11.5:1)
(These also require a 0.5mm Overbore on 3.0L Engines. 3.2L cannot be overbored due to FRM Liners)
JUN Billet Connecting Rods (For Higher RPM operation)
High lift cams, and high lift Valve springs and valve spring retainers.
Fully Balanced Crankshaft
Larger 3.2L Heads retrofitted to 3.0L engine. Very Aggressive Port and Polish
DC sports Headers
DC sports Exhaust
Cat-Bypass Pipes
5KG lightweight Chromoly Flywheel with Springless 4 puck dual disc clutch.
MOTEC M-4 Fuel Controller
Larger Injectors (350cc?)

And..some other miscellaneous mods.
I am building my NSX up going the N/A route..although the BB SC is starting to look awfully good...hehe.

Considering the bang for the bucks, SC would probably work out a lot better...but I hate that supercharger whine...I'd rather hear the engine scream to 9000 RPM!

Originally posted by Not Me:
How much power can you make without forced induction? Does anyone bore over or stroke the NSX? Thanks in advance for your help/comments.

Is Danny from the NSX Lists (9K RPM) on these Forums? He had earlier claimed to have one of the most modified N/A NSXs in the US ??

Originally posted by Edo:
As far as I know 380-400 Crank Horsepower is about as much as you can go.
The Japanese Tuners like Esprit have tuned the N/A NSX engine to 380+ I think with these Mods:
Velocity/Throttle Stacks
Ram Air Roof scoop and Lexan Hatch
JUN High Compression Forged Pistons (11.5:1)
(These also require a 0.5mm Overbore on 3.0L Engines. 3.2L cannot be overbored due to FRM Liners)
JUN Billet Connecting Rods (For Higher RPM operation)
High lift cams, and high lift Valve springs and valve spring retainers.
Fully Balanced Crankshaft
Larger 3.2L Heads retrofitted to 3.0L engine. Very Aggressive Port and Polish
DC sports Headers
DC sports Exhaust
Cat-Bypass Pipes
5KG lightweight Chromoly Flywheel with Springless 4 puck dual disc clutch.
MOTEC M-4 Fuel Controller
Larger Injectors (350cc?)

And..some other miscellaneous mods.
I am building my NSX up going the N/A route..although the BB SC is starting to look awfully good...hehe.

I'd wager that any NSX with that kind of N/A power is absolutely miserable to drive on the street, and the power band so narrow that it is difficult to take advantage of it anywhere but at the track. Keep in mind that there is a huge difference between max HP for racing and usable HP on the street. That's why forced induction is such a great deal in pretty much every way. I'd be surprised if you could get even 300 RWH from a 3.0 (NOS excluded) and still have a reasonable street machine, and that would likely cost far more than forced induction would run.

[This message has been edited by sjs (edited 07 November 2001).]

Back