• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nascar 2008.

Sweet. It looks like there are at least a couple of guys on here that don't mind talking Nascar. Let's keep this for guys that actually want to talk about it... not D bags that think they're being witty with "they only turn left" and "mix in a right hander" comments. :rolleyes:

Now where were we....

I now you guys don't care much for Nascar but i am amped for the start of the season. Daytona is probably the most exciting races of the season. Tonight is the Budweiser Shootout race that starts Daytona speedweeks. The Gatorade twins races are Thursday afternoon and the Daytona 500 is next Sunday. All of these are exciting races so check them out if you can.

Race On

Comtec,

Racing is racing! And the off season has been a long and cold winter.

I don't always like the direction that Winston Cup goes, with phantom debris cautions and the like, but the sport is every bit as technical as the F1 series. Just a very different set of rules with the same goal, winning.

Daytona is such an event, and if you ever get a chance go to the track, racing or not. Even the museum is pretty impressive. It is a mecca just like the IMS.

I finally got off my butt and wired in my rear surround speakers after 15 months since remodelling!

Miner

What a GREAT race last night! My boy Tony ran a great race and came in second place. But holy moly... did you see his hair? Lol... what's up with the Camaro cut? That's gotta go! P.S Kurt Busch is a fag.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CBYhUuu-Vvk&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CBYhUuu-Vvk&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

NASCAR should let Tony kick the crap outa Busch and get it over with. Busch is just a wannabe bad boy same as his brother.

nsx-tech
View Public Profile
Send a private message to nsx-tech
Send email to nsx-tech
Find More Posts by nsx-tech
Add nsx-tech to Your Buddy List

Yesterday, 19:22 #5
PhiAlpha44
Gold Member

Re: Nascar at Daytona

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsx-tech
NASCAR should let Tony kick the crap outa Busch and get it over with. Busch is just a wannabe bad boy same as his brother.

+1. Don't sweat it. Busch will get his. He has ZERO respect in the garage. He'll do something stupid and run his mouth. He'll get popped.

PhiAlpha44
View Public Profile
Send a private message to PhiAlpha44
Send email to PhiAlpha44
Visit PhiAlpha44's homepage!
Find More Posts by PhiAlpha44
Add PhiAlpha44 to Your Buddy List

Yesterday, 20:16 #6
comtec
Platinum Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiAlpha44
What a GREAT race last night! My boy Tony ran a great race and came in second place. But holy moly... did you see his hair? Lol... what's up with the Camaro cut? That's gotta go! P.S Kurt Busch is a fag.

Haha, Tony must think it's cool. Someone needs to let him know it isn't. My driver is the HATED Jeff Gordon . He came in 4th but i don't know how he got there. He was in around 16th place, they went to commercial and when they came back he was like 2nd .

How about that Hendrick team? 4 cars in the top 6.

Jeff and Tony are both in the Gatorade Duel 2 race Thursday.

2002 Long Beach Blue Pearl

comtec
View Public Profile
Send a private message to comtec
Send email to comtec
Find More Posts by comtec
Add comtec to Your Buddy List

Yesterday, 22:23 #7
Miner

They are both a couple of punks.

Mark Martin could dust off both of them at the same time, and apologize for taking 10 seconds to do it!

Miner

Miner
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Miner
Find More Posts by Miner
Add Miner to Your Buddy List

Yesterday, 23:11 #8
PhiAlpha44
Gold Member

Ya know what... I'd bitch about what you're saying about Tony.. but at this point, I'm just psyched there is some Nascar talk on here.

PhiAlpha44
View Public Profile
Send email to PhiAlpha44

Today, 00:22 #9
comtec
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miner
They are both a couple of punks.

Mark Martin could dust off both of them at the same time, and apologize for taking 10 seconds to do it!

Miner

Apparently he didn't

1- 88 Dale Earnhardt Jr. Chevrolet National Guard / AMP Energy
2- 20 Tony Stewart Toyota The Home Depot
3- 48 Jimmie Johnson Chevrolet Lowe's
4- 24 Jeff Gordon Chevrolet DuPont
6- 5 Casey Mears Chevrolet CARQUEST / Kellogg's
7- 22 Dave Blaney Toyota CAT Dealers
8- 8 Mark Martin Chevrolet U.S. Army

comtec
View Public Profile
Send email to comtec

Today, 03:55 #10
PhiAlpha44
Gold Member

I like Mark Martin too. I'd love to see him win a championship and retire on top. He deserves it. Tony is still my boy though. Camaro cut and all.

I'll tell you, it's kinda wierd watching my guy drive for Toyota though.

This is cool. Maybe we can start a 2008 Nascar Thread right now and just use it the rest of the season.

PhiAlpha44
View Public Profile
Send email to PhiAlpha44

Today, 06:49 #11
comtec
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiAlpha44
I like Mark Martin too. I'd love to see him win a championship and retire on top. He deserves it. Tony is still my boy though. Camaro cut and all.

I'll tell you, it's kinda wierd watching my guy drive for Toyota though.

This is cool. Maybe we can start a 2008 Nascar Thread right now and just use it the rest of the season.

Count me in .

comtec
View Public Profile
Send email to comtec

Fag, go figure......
The truth is, your boy Tony has finally figured out that he is gay, what with that little chubby boy figure of his and his new hair cut.
The news stories really don't tell the truth much in that Tony actually asked Kurt out on a date and thats how the bitch slapping started.
You ask people not to do the Nascar bashing and yet its ok for you to.
Funny!
Trev

Hey Tony is MY GUY! I'm not Nascar bashing at all. I'm giving my boy some tough love for his current stylings. And yeah, he is kind of a chub isn't he? With all that scratch I think I'd have a personal trainer and a chef travel with me to prepare my meals.

No doubt, but I for now he wants it done his way. I know when I go on a road trip, I say I will workout at the hotel and what not, but do you think i do.
I'll tell you something, some of that gym equipment looks pretty nice while I'm sitting in the hot tub stare'n at it!!!
I usually like the underdog, like Martin, Benson, Shraeder.
Haven't picked a guy this year, but it looks interesting so far.
Trev

You want a underdog pick Kyle Petty...Haha

So it looks like the Dual 2 will be between Jeff, Tony and probably Mark. The Dual 1 has most of the other fast cars. Damn, i wish i could get off work early enough Thursday to watch live but i will have to record them. All of Jeff's team mates are in the Dual 1. Ya think Tony and Jeff will work together?

I just noticed Jacques Villeneuve is driving in the Gatorade Duals. I didn't know he was coming to Nascar.

Ha! I think if they're the best guys, they'll work together to get to the front, and then all bets are off. I'm wondering if Tony and Jr. will still work together on the track now that Jr. has all these high powered team mates.

I'm curious how this will play out now. I think at Hendrick, egos have always been kept in check because Jeff is really the owner of Jimmie's car. So Jimmie always has alot of respect for Jeff. Now that Jr. is in the mix I'm wondering if Jr. and Jeff are running for the win with 2 to go how much of that is going to continue.

Dale jr all the way.I think he is going to have a great year now that he has good equipment

Mark Martin may not have won the shootout, but he can still beat on both Stewart and Busch. They are thugs who have won races and championships, but are thugs none the less. He races clean, races hard and doesn't blame everybody else when things go sour. Kind of an older version of Sam Hornish, as long as SH Sr is kept out of the picture.

Miner

freeon,
I am excited to see how Dale Jr will do with the new team since he'll be a team mate of Jeff's. On too many occasions i have seen Jimmy leave Jeff "hung out to dry". Jeff and Dale Jr have worked together quite a few times. I never was a big fan of Dale Jr but over the past couple years he has matured in to quite a good driver.

Miner,
Ha, i was just poking at you for what you posted. Mark is a very good driver. He gained valuable knowledge of the tracks by racing both series for many years. Mark is definitely a championship caliber driver but he has never had a championship caliber team..... except in Bush. It takes a complete package. Take Jeff Gordon for instance. He was winning all the time with poles almost every other week. He lost most of his team and away went the victories and the poles. It's taken him (and the team) a long time to get back in the position to win races/championships. But he's back baby :biggrin: .

After years of bagging on the "lefties," I finally sat down and watched a NASCAR race. And...really enjoyed it. Found myself rooting for Gordon and Johnson.

Looking forward to watching this year. :)

Miner,
Ha, i was just poking at you for what you posted. Mark is a very good driver. He gained valuable knowledge of the tracks by racing both series for many years. Mark is definitely a championship caliber driver but he has never had a championship caliber team..... except in Bush. It takes a complete package. Take Jeff Gordon for instance. He was winning all the time with poles almost every other week. He lost most of his team and away went the victories and the poles. It's taken him (and the team) a long time to get back in the position to win races/championships. But he's back baby :biggrin: .

No worries. Winston Cup is like wraslin'; there has to be the bad guys as well as the good guys. And one must root for one and hate the other. MM will go down as the cleanest racer of all time, even more so than Gentleman Ned Jarret. J-Go, Jr, J. Burton are the 'Good Guys' and fellas like Stewart, Bush, Harvick the 'Bad Boys'. Then there are whole rest of the field that are personalities such as M Waltrip, Ken Schrader, etc that win some races but are journeymen of the sport.

King Richard the 43th was a 'Good Guy', never even drank, and apart from bump drafting getting on the freeway was almost a perfect man.

Dale Sr was an anomoly, sort of a 'Good Guy' who could be a 'Bad Boy' when he wanted.

After years of bagging on the "lefties," I finally sat down and watched a NASCAR race. And...really enjoyed it. Found myself rooting for Gordon and Johnson.

Looking forward to watching this year. :)

Welcome, we're glad to have you :wink:

No worries. Winston Cup is like wraslin'; there has to be the bad guys as well as the good guys. And one must root for one and hate the other. MM will go down as the cleanest racer of all time, even more so than Gentleman Ned Jarret. J-Go, Jr, J. Burton are the 'Good Guys' and fellas like Stewart, Bush, Harvick the 'Bad Boys'. Then there are whole rest of the field that are personalities such as M Waltrip, Ken Schrader, etc that win some races but are journeymen of the sport.

King Richard the 43th was a 'Good Guy', never even drank, and apart from bump drafting getting on the freeway was almost a perfect man.

Dale Sr was an anomoly, sort of a 'Good Guy' who could be a 'Bad Boy' when he wanted.

I hardly think of Tony as a thug. But he's definatly not a Nascar "yes man" which is what I like. I'd like to hear someones actual opinion when a question is asked of them as opposed to some canned, PR answer. That's what Tony does. And watching him drive is how I like to think I'd drive. He gives respect to those that return the favor. We all know Kurt Bush is a whiner nobody can stand.

As far as M. Martin goes... he's a class act. He does race SUPER CLEAN. It's really a shame he has no championships. He probably deserves it more than anybody. I really hope he gets one. Tony already has 2. I'd root for Martin to win one now before Tony got another. Tony still has tons of time. Mark doesn't. And see... that's the beauty of Nascar. You root for your guy, but there are always a handful of others that you just respect out of sportsmanship and attitude and can pull for if your guy isn't having a good day.

I hardly think of Tony as a thug. But he's definatly not a Nascar "yes man" which is what I like. I'd like to hear someones actual opinion when a question is asked of them as opposed to some canned, PR answer. That's what Tony does. And watching him drive is how I like to think I'd drive. He gives respect to those that return the favor. We all know Kurt Bush is a whiner nobody can stand.

As far as M. Martin goes... he's a class act. He does race SUPER CLEAN. It's really a shame he has no championships. He probably deserves it more than anybody. I really hope he gets one. Tony already has 2. I'd root for Martin to win one now before Tony got another. Tony still has tons of time. Mark doesn't. And see... that's the beauty of Nascar. You root for your guy, but there are always a handful of others that you just respect out of sportsmanship and attitude and can pull for if your guy isn't having a good day.

I don't think Matt Kenseth would agree with you about Tony Stewart.

Mark Martin should have won a championship, but put the kybosh on Jack Roush racing with the 'illegal intake manifold' penalty. That was many years ago and if he'd raced the full season last year he might have had a chance. One can't judge him by championships, but rather how he as raced and been a model for the sport.

Miner

Here is the 2008 Race Schedule (Times are Eastern)

DATE ---------RACE -----------VENUE ---------------TV/START
02/09/08 Budweiser Shootout Daytona International Speedway FOX/8 p.m.
02/14/08 Gatorade Duel 1 Daytona International Speedway SPEED/2 p.m.
02/14/08 Gatorade Duel 2 Daytona International Speedway SPEED/3:30 p.m.

02/17/08 Daytona 500 Daytona International Speedway FOX/2 p.m.
02/24/08 Auto Club 500 California Speedway FOX/3:30 p.m
03/02/08 UAW-Dodge 400 Las Vegas Motor Speedway FOX/3:30 p.m
03/09/08 Kobalt Tools 500 Atlanta Motor Speedway FOX/1:30 p.m
03/16/08 Food City 500 Bristol Motor Speedway FOX/1:30 p.m.
03/30/08 Goody's Cool Orange 500 Martinsville Speedway FOX/1:30 p.m
04/06/08 Samsung 500 Texas Motor Speedway FOX/1:30 p.m
04/12/08 Subway Fresh Fit 500 Phoenix International Raceway FOX/8 p.m.
04/27/08 Aaron's 499 Talladega Superspeedway FOX/1:30 p.m.
05/03/08 Crown Royal Presents "Your Name Here 400" Richmond International Raceway FOX/7 p.m
05/10/08 Dodge Challenger 500 Darlington Raceway FOX/7 p.m.
05/17/08 NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race Lowe's Motor Speedway SPEED/7 p.m
05/25/08 Coca-Cola 600 Lowe's Motor Speedway FOX/5 p.m
06/01/08 Dover 400 Dover International Speedway FOX/1:30 p.m.
06/08/08 Pocono 500 Pocono Raceway TNT/12:30 p.m.
06/15/08 Michigan 400 Michigan International Speedway TNT/12:30 p.m
06/22/08 Toyota/Save Mart 350 Infineon Raceway TNT/3:30 p.m
06/29/08 LENOX Industrial Tools 301 New Hampshire Motor Speedway TNT/12:30 p.m
07/05/08 Coke Zero 400 Powered By Coca-Cola Daytona International Speedway TNT/6:30 p.m.
07/12/08 Chicagoland 400 Chicagoland Speedway TNT/6:30 p.m
07/27/08 Allstate 400 at The Brickyard Indianapolis Motor Speedway ESPN/1 p.m
08/03/08 Pennsylvania 500 Pocono Raceway ESPN/1 p.m
08/10/08 Centurion Boats at The Glen Watkins Glen International ESPN/1 p.m
08/17/08 3M Performance 400 Michigan International Speedway ESPN/1 p.m.
08/23/08 Sharpie 500 Bristol Motor Speedway ESPN/7 p.m
08/31/08 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series 500 California Speedway ESPN/7 p.m.
09/06/08 Chevy Rock & Roll 400 Richmond International Raceway ABC/7 p.m
09/14/08 Sylvania 300 New Hampshire Motor Speedway ABC/1 p.m.
09/21/08 Dover 400 Dover International Speedway ABC/1 p.m
09/28/08 Kansas 400 Kansas Speedway ABC/1 p.m.
10/05/08 Amp Energy 500 Talladega Superspeedway ABC/1 p.m.
10/11/08 Bank of America 500 Lowe's Motor Speedway ABC/7 p.m.
10/19/08 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series 500 Martinsville Speedway ABC/1 p.m.
10/26/08 Pep Boys Auto 500 Atlanta Motor Speedway ABC/1 p.m.
11/02/08 Dickies 500 Texas Motor Speedway ABC/3 p.m
11/09/08 Checker Auto Parts 500 presented by Pennzoil Phoenix International Raceway ABC/3 p.m
11/16/08 Ford 400 Homestead-Miami Speedway ABC/3 p.m.

Last edited:
Hendrick Motorsports had serious engine problems in practice :frown: .

Two-time defending champion and pole-sitter Jimmie Johnson, four-time series champ Jeff Gordon, Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Casey Mears all were forced to change engines because of a lifter problem likely caused by a bad batch of coating. Scott Riggs, driving for Haas CNC Racing and using Hendrick power, also swapped engines. In all, five of the nine Hendrick-powered cars had problems. The engine swaps will send those five Chevrolets to the back of the field in their 150-mile qualifying races Thursday, which will help set the starting lineup for the Daytona 500.

Next race guys is the qualifying races for the Daytona 500
Tomorrow at 2:00 pm eastern

Gatorade Duel 1 Daytona International Speedway SPEED/2 p.m.
Gatorade Duel 2 Daytona International Speedway SPEED/3:30 p.m.

Here is the reason

Prior to 2004, this annual event was held on Labor Day weekend. For the 2004 season, a shuffling of the schedule saw the race move to November. Track management considered the November date would allow for cooler, more comfortable weather for fans, whom had increasingly voiced concerns about the weather. Rockingham lost its fall date to Fontana, and the Pop Secret 500 was moved to the lucrative Labor Day weekend date. Incidently, and originally unbeknownst to fans and competitors, the 2004 Southern 500 would be its last running, despite the seemingly popular move to November.

In 2004, Francis Ferko, a shareholder of the company that owned Texas Motor Speedway, sued NASCAR, saying they had violated anti-trust laws by refusing to have a second race at Texas Motor Speedway, as many other tracks had. The judge ruled in his favor, and NASCAR was forced to give up the Southern 500 date so that a second race could be held at Texas Motor speedway, which became the Dickies 500.

In 2005, Darlington's Spring race, the Carolina Dodge Dealers 400, and the Mountain Dew Southern 500 was removed from the schedule, and in its place, the Dodge Charger 500 was added as a Saturday night race in May.

What did you guys think of the Duals? Jr. looked strong again. I really thought Tony was going to win the second race if it wasn't for that stupid yellow with 3 to go that let everyone bunch up again. :rolleyes:

It was pretty cool. Jeff again went from the back to the top 5 in a short number of laps. I thought he had it for sure when Tony's team mate passed him after the caution. Unfortunately the car behind Jeff couldn't keep up and Tony came back. I think once Jeff has some of his fast team mates in the same race he has a good shot.

The "BUSH" :biggrin: Camping World 300 is today 12:00 pm eastern ESPN

Kyle, your boy Tony is on the pole :wink: . There are a lot of Cup guys in the race.

Not bashing, but am I the only one who noticed Pro bass fisherman now dress like Nascar drivers & crews?
Whats up with that?

Back