• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NC1 Purchase help

Hey everyone, proud owner of a 1st Gen NA2 looking to get into NC1 and have some questions.

1. Thoughts on 2017/18 v 2019+? upgrades to the car worth the extra cash?

2. Best dealer in So Cal to work with if considering new? Any discounts/rebates?

Any additional advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:
what cost differentials are you seeing between 17-18 and 19's?

well the 19+ upgrades decrease lap times by 1-2 seconds...so is that worth 10-15k to you?

Last edited:
tires and colors.....In your 17-18 search make sure all tsb's/ recalls were done for the early cars esp gas tank and 3'rd light..

He's not in SoCal, but I highly recommend reaching out to [MENTION=32732]powdbyrice[/MENTION] at Acura of Fremont.

Another Dealership to consider is Tustin Acura (DCH Acura). They have a trained Tech for the new NSX as well as a really great service manager Sarah Posell. They may be able to find you a decent used NSX as well.

Hey everyone, proud owner of a 1st Gen NA2 looking to get into NC1 and have some questions.

1. Thoughts on 2017/18 v 2019+? upgrades to the car worth the extra cash?

2. Best dealer in So Cal to work with if considering new? Any discounts/rebates?

Any additional advice is appreciated. Thanks!

There's at least one thread here about going from a 2017 to a 2019 NSX. You may find it interesting:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/212880-Just-went-from-2017-NSX-to-2019-NSX

Also, are you aware of the trunk smell issue? It's something you may want check for on any car you're looking at.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/213044-Trunk-smell-in-my-2019

Hey everyone, proud owner of a 1st Gen NA2 looking to get into NC1 and have some questions. 1. Thoughts on 2017/18 v 2019+? upgrades to the car worth the extra cash? 2. Best dealer in So Cal to work with if considering new? Any discounts/rebates? Any additional advice is appreciated. Thanks!
Take a look at this video on the features of the 2017 NSX. https://maritz.dzignspace.com/NSX_R...7 is so much better it is like night and day.

If you need any help getting the list of factory options for a car, want to check and see if it was a car impacted by the recalls, had any other warranty work performed, or anything else about a specific car's history feel free to send me a message as well.

Good morning - I have a deposit on a 2018 - can you check it out for me - the VIN is :
19UNC1B00JY000052
Interested to see if there is any negative history and if there are any outstanding tsb’s
Thanks so much
Peter

From what I see and understand the NC1 NSX is rock solid. This time around the car was designed to be tracked so even if someone abused the car it is built to handle the load. While there are always people coming out of the wood work complaining about the car is too expensive, or they should have used a common engine, or stripe the electric motors and give me a regular car, .. The new NSX seems to be built with the same attention to detail that our earlier cars enjoyed. I typically don't worry about recalls as they are free to the owner, it is the small crap that goes bad and requires repair after repair. Nothing here at all. Just a matter of getting the options you want on the car.

You won't find an aftermarket setup for a carbon fiber roof and the XM Radio Antenna. The Ceramic Brakes are expensive, look great, but if you are going to track your car a lot then that can be an expensive option. My personal take is I would rather have the best brakes and pay to replace components as needed. Having said that the steel brakes are also heavy duty. From all the cars that I have looked at the differences in build have been around the amount of carbon fiber. Almost all have good seats, stereo upgrade, and later models steel brakes (to keep the overall price lower).

Oil changes are more expensive then what is typical, requiring a lift, average $300. The 12 volt battery often gets replaced. This car should still have it original warranty in tact. I would bet it did not sell till 2019 or there about. Good luck and welcome to the owners group! What color?

Last edited:
Good morning - I have a deposit on a 2018 - can you check it out for me - the VIN is :
19UNC1B00JY000052
Interested to see if there is any negative history and if there are any outstanding tsb’s
Thanks so much
Peter

Factory Installed Features are listed as

Carbon Ceramic Rotors with Red calipers
Painted Interwoven Wheels
ELS Studio Audio Technology Package with XM
Leather/Alcantara Seats
Alcantara Headliner

The car had 8 Repair Orders written up in total and 3 total warranty claims.
06/12/2018 - PDI at Acura of Peabody
10/15/2018 - Recheck PDI at Acura of Peabody
10/15/2018 - Customer reports wind noise from driver side mirror area. Results in a warranty claim for a replacement outer door seal part #67010-T6N-Z00ZZ at Acura of Peabody
10/21/2019 - Oil Change and vehicle inspection at Rallye Acura
10/21/2019 - Customer again states wind noise coming from both front windows but mostly drivers side. Results in a warranty claim which replaces the exterior door shell part number 67010-T6N-A00ZZ ($10,700 part), the mirror housing sub assembly part #76266-T6N-A03 , and the driver side window glass 73350-T6N-A00 replaced under Acura Warranty at Rallye Acura
05/28/2020 - Mount and Balance 4 tires and perform multi-point inspection 3,692 miles Acura of Huntington
06/12/2020 - Mount and Balance 4 tires and perform multi-point inspection 3,950 miles Acura of Huntington
11/05/2020- Oil Changed and multi-point inspection performed Acura of Huntington

It did also have the warranty information and booklet replaced as it did not have all the required components in the emissions warranty parts list. This was for 2017 to 2019 model years.

Carfax looks clean, 1 owner from New York original delivery date was 10/17/2018 from Acura of Peabody.

Back