• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Need a good NSX tech in Tacoma

do only certain mechanics know how to work on NSX's? or can you use any acura dealer?

The best ones are NSX Certified. You don't want just ANY mechanic working on these cars. I guess you can't screw up an oil change that bad (though I have seen it happen) but for anything more complicated, its a must.

I have been helpng OSU on this we actually need a opinon from someone likley near Seattle/Bellevue or more north... The reason is the owner of the prospective car to purchase is the General manager For Hinshaws and it would be a confliction to have his own employee's do the PPI...I am sure they would do A good job and be honest but my concern is for OSUGrad to get the best honest shake for his money!

If there are any PAC northwest members reading this please chime in!!

Thanks guys lets work to insure OSU gets the best for his money like we all would appreciate!
Thanks Terry C.

I have been helpng OSU on this we actually need a opinon from someone likley near Seattle/Bellevue or more north... The reason is the owner of the prospective car to purchase is the General manager For Hinshaws and it would be a confliction to have his own employee's do the PPI...I am sure they would do A good job and be honest but my concern is for OSUGrad to get the best honest shake for his money!

If there are any PAC northwest members reading this please chime in!!

Thanks guys lets work to insure OSU gets the best for his money like we all would appreciate!
Thanks Terry C.

Greetings from Seattle ,

Best Places to get PPI and or Service for your NSX

Zahntech auto in Redmond , Jhon local NXS owner/mechanic Zahntechauto.com 50 min from Tacoma

Acura of Lynnwood Jon NSX Mechanic 50 min from Tacoma

Happy Motoring

Greetings from Seattle ,

Best Places to get PPI and or Service for your NSX

Zahntech auto in Redmond , Jhon local NXS owner/mechanic Zahntechauto.com 50 min from Tacoma

Acura of Lynnwood Jon NSX Mechanic 50 min from Tacoma

Happy Motoring

If the car has after market parts I would take it to Zahntech and "not acura of Lynnwood"

Do I even need an official PPI on a under warranty 2005 that is going to be certified as well??

I have to pay for a 2 hour inspection for the certification and I assume they will cover many of the same items.

We are talking about a car with less than 10k miles.

Its not the money. I agree its a good idea.

Do I even need an official PPI on a under warranty 2005 that is going to be certified as well??

I have to pay for a 2 hour inspection for the certification and I assume they will cover many of the same items.

We are talking about a car with less than 10k miles.

So am I reading this right? You can pay to get a car acura cetrified off a lease and would that enable you to get the certified extended warranty?

So am I reading this right? You can pay to get a car acura cetrified off a lease and would that enable you to get the certified extended warranty?

Yes. If you can run the sale thru an Acura dealership.

Hey OSU I had another ref- come in from a local gentleman on the forum, in Tacoma there is also another shop..the owner does mostly proche club members and NSX club members he is alo a tech man for the local races.

On the other hand Johnn at Zantech was the most often referral, Does Mr. Z care how far we go to have an inspection? I assume his two hour Acura inspection for the cert will be at my dealer 5 min from my house where he works right?

Okeee dokee let me know.

Last edited:
The best ones are NSX Certified. You don't want just ANY mechanic working on these cars. I guess you can't screw up an oil change that bad (though I have seen it happen) but for anything more complicated, its a must.

I don't really buy into the NSX certification nonsense. I want a tech who knows NSXs by having worked on NSXs--a lot. NSX certification doesn't cover the "gotchas" and little shortcuts the NSX has. Nor does it go over the most common and/or misleading issues or symptoms found in 15-year-old+ NSXs.

Many NSX dealers have NSX certified techs and I've heard plenty of Acura dealer horror stories to go along with those NSX certification patches.

There are plenty of mechanics I'd go to who are not "certified" long before I would go to some inexperienced dealer who happens to have a "certified" guy on staff. :rolleyes: The point is NSX certification means nothing in and of itself. Experience is paramount.

Back