• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

purchasing rebuilt title nsx

Need some advice. my buddy is thinking of buying a 91 5 speed rebuilt title nsx thats been rebuild nicely overall but after a ppi it has frame damage in the front preventing proper alignment. also needs tb/wp and gaskets as it leaks oil. asking around 50k.

Aside from the obvious mechanical questions you should check with your state to see their position on salvage titles. Some states will not accept a salvage title for on road use.

Need some advice. my buddy is thinking of buying a 91 5 speed rebuilt title nsx thats been rebuild nicely overall but after a ppi it has frame damage in the front preventing proper alignment. also needs tb/wp and gaskets as it leaks oil. asking around 50k.
Because there is frame damage that prevents the car from being aligned to spec, the question is does he want to repair it properly? If so, he will need a cut piece to replace the damaged component. The body repair manual will describe which piece to get. The, he needs to find a shop that has the capability to repair the car in the correct way- this will involve cutting the damaged section from the frame and properly welding in the donor section. Figure $20k to $30k to do it right. A NSX repaired in the factory-specified manner will be just as good as a non-damaged NSX, but it will still carry the rebuilt title. If you can get a sense of the cost, I would subtract it from the listing price and not pay a penny more. $50k is way too much for a car with significant frame issues. Most people just decide to drive these bent up cars and not address the issue, but they're often putting their lives on the line- a NSX with a compromised structure is not going to provide the crash protection one might expect...

Back