• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

need an opinion: black floor mats with tan interior

Re: need an opinion

I think the tan would look better. I purchased a new tan set for mine years ago in case they stopped making them.

Did you check with Hrant to see if he can make them?

Don't know if there is a difference but the mats for 2001-2005 are still available in tan.

Sons Acura

83600-SL0-A01ZB
FLOOR MAT SET (LIGHT TAN)

$188.23
========================
Delray Acura

83600-SL0-A01ZB FLOOR MAT SET *YR167L*
( LIGHT TAN ) 2001 NSX

$156.86
========================
estore.honda.com

83600-SL0-A01ZB

floor mat set *yr167l*
Color: (LIGHT TAN)
Emission: KA - US Market Spec
Origin: JPN

$209.14

Mike

Have prime member Hrant make you some. I don't think black looks good in tan. I have seen it and don't like it.

I think the tan would look better. I purchased a new tan set for mine years ago in case they stopped making them.

Did you check with Hrant to see if he can make them?

Don't know if there is a difference but the mats for 2001-2005 are still available in tan.

Sons Acura

83600-SL0-A01ZB
FLOOR MAT SET (LIGHT TAN)

$188.23
========================
Delray Acura

83600-SL0-A01ZB FLOOR MAT SET *YR167L*
( LIGHT TAN ) 2001 NSX

$156.86
========================
estore.honda.com

83600-SL0-A01ZB

floor mat set *yr167l*
Color: (LIGHT TAN)
Emission: KA - US Market Spec
Origin: JPN

$209.14

Mike

are you sure because i called two local acura dealers and they both told me their discontinued 91-05. that was before i saw your post.

Have prime member Hrant make you some. I don't think black looks good in tan. I have seen it and don't like it.

how much does he sell his for?

Both my truck and RX7 have tan interiors and with black floor mats it makes the cars look more "expensive" for some reason.

i think i saw a pic of someone on here with tan interior and black mats not too long ago. another reason besides availability was that black was easier to keep clean versus tan.

I'd go w/ black mats if I were you, tan will get dirty too quick. Here's mine w/ blk mats.
20111211_205142.jpg

20111211_205211.jpg

If by "tan" you mean ivory, I have that combination and I like it for the reasons stated above.

_HCK2851.jpg

are you sure because i called two local acura dealers and they both told me their discontinued 91-05. that was before i saw your post.

No i am not sure but estore.honda.com is Honda and they are still listed as available. Try ordering and see, it let me add to cart.

Shopping Cart detail:

item #
Item Detail
Unit Price
Quantity
Extended Price

floor mat set *yr167l*
Part #: 83600-SL0-A01ZB
Item added on: 6/1/2012
$177.77
$177.77

Mike

No i am not sure but estore.honda.com is Honda and they are still listed as available. Try ordering and see, it let me add to cart.

Shopping Cart detail:

item #
Item Detail
Unit Price
Quantity
Extended Price

floor mat set *yr167l*
Part #: 83600-SL0-A01ZB
Item added on: 6/1/2012
$177.77
$177.77

Mike

ok thanks. now i dont even know if i want tan lol. either that or black.

I think around a $100, but I would double check with him. He can do custom stiching as well.

I have both tan mats and black zanardi mats

Prefer the zanardi mats since they have the red accents and that works since my car is red w/ tan interior

the tan mats do get dirty quickly so I try to only use them for car shows, etc

the stitched NSX logo in the OEM mat is a bitch to clean on either of them

i like the tan mats with tan interior.i think the black mats darken it up too much.

Hi,

As my car is a '96 red/tan car I have opted to use custom black mats with a Honda logo in the corner. I have done the JDM conversion so the "H" looks good. Because the interiors are 2 tone (black and tan combo) the black mats work well for me and they hide the dirt better. I also had a custom trunk mat made the same time with a inlayed Honda logo in the center.

What ever route you choose, I am sure you will be happy.

I have both tan and Zanardi mats. The tans show dirt badly and I think the Zs red accents are the better looking of the two if you have a red car.

attachment.php

Get black. It compliments the black dash. For my lbbp/tan, tan was just too much. Black does look more exotic. Like your doors, prob tan/black, same as the carpet can be.

That's the best combination in my opinion. Don't wrack your brain over this. They're just damn floor mats!

lol i know im just really picky about anything i do or change on this car.

Get black. It compliments the black dash. For my lbbp/tan, tan was just too much. Black does look more exotic. Like your doors, prob tan/black, same as the carpet can be.

decided to do black.

Back