• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

need help after boosting...

before I start, I just installed my bbsc kit with 750cc, stock pump, colder plugs, aem fic....etc.
ran starts, idles fine at warm up.
my tuner came to my house last night and we did a street tune. he has more knowledge of tuning standalone. he installed the bbsc kit.
we did our 1st street tuned to get the car to drive normally, no boosting at all. as he kept adjusting the fic, I started to put some load on car until
we finally get it to run perfect for the first time! car ran great, afr's looked great, we basically just had it tuned conservatively. I didn't have boost gauge
so I wasn't really abusing the car but I did put quiet a load on her.

we got home, shut off the car for a lunch break. after 1 hr or so, we started the car and it wont even idle. it's like after we exported the map to the ecu,
everything disappeared or back to square one again. I was like, wtf happned? I was so happy that we finally got it running right then all of a sudden, we
are back to square one. so, he tuned it again. he first fixed the idle problem and it was good. then we hit the streets for 2nd tuning. we exported the same
map that he saved to the ecu and wholla, car drove like a champ! when he was done, he unplug usb cable from his laptop to see if the car will run on fic alone.
car ran great, I cudnt' complain and it was hell of fun! afr nbrs were looking good all throughout.

we got home then shut off the car. after 20 secs, we started it back...it idled fine. we shut the car off a few more times and the idle was fine so we were thinking,
everything is ok now. I told him i'll test drive the car the flwg day to see how it drives.

started the car in the morning, and the idle was fine..which was good news. after warm up, I started driving the car normal, no load.
AFR was jumping from 10 to 13 on 1st, then when I go to 2nd and put a tiny bit of load, AFR goes to lean side like 14-15-16 and started bogging, then I left off.
I tried it again, and it was doing the same thing.

so, to conclude this story, car went back to limbo again but it wasn't as bad compared to the first time when it wont even idle.
it's driveable on streets with no load but once you start giving gas..it starts to bog and I SEE AFR goes to 14-15-6.
I stayed on 2nd gear for a while until I see the AFR goes back down to 12-13 so I can boost but I cudn't.

do you guys know what cud be the problem? bad FIC? now im thinking of getting standalone but need to save up since it's out of my budget
for time being. I know some people here on the forum had no problems with fic. believe me, I searched and read almost everyone'
set up with bbsc kit with or w/o FIC. my car felt great, I tell you. it was such a nice pull with this kit and the Paxton n2000 runs really healthy.

any help or adv would be appreciated guys. thanks for your time and have a good rest of the day !

Back