• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need help from the NSX community

Dear NSX community, I am in need of help with a potential '91 NSX purchase.

My name is Eric Kerub and was an original member of the NSXCA from the day of it's inauguration. Attended the first NSXPO in '95 at Mid-Ohio and a few others here and there. I still have some NSX's including my retired race car (which I'm hoping to resurrect in the near future). I have unfortunately not been around these forums in ages but could not think of a better place to see if I can get the assistance needed.

In short, I'm considering buying that extremely low (no) mileage '91 NSX that was on the forums starting in 2011 with a final update in 2013 that it was sold to Dubai.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...that-was-never-driven-JH4NA1158MT000897/page4

It's actually quite amusing going through the 4 pages of the thread during the economic recession and before the current NSX bubble to see how he was taking any offers in the $60K range and had no bites. It's even crazier to see members such as @tbromely and [MENTION=20332]MadtownNSX[/MENTION] saying his original $80K ask was basically a pipe dream (and rightfully so back then). So much has changed...

Anyhow, for my request, the seller sent me many high definition pictures of the car. For me, it's doesn't pass the smell test. There seems to be way too much wear and "issues" with a car that basically has delivery miles on it. I'll have my guys at my race shop look at them but also wanted to know if I could get an expert opinion from somebody in these forums.

Please let me know and I can arrange a wetransfer of all the pictures.

Much appreciated,

Eric

You could also upload to something like Google Photos and I believe they have an option to resize it. You can then make that album shareable here.

though, hand picking a select few would help.

Welcome back! What was your old username here on nsxprime? Did you have one? If you did, perhaps you can revive it.

Ok let's try this:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yjrg9ynm8pgixj2/AABejkp0TcBBAi3yWFeJM1cba?dl=0

My main concern about this car is not so much that it's impossible to be a car with 68 miles (unless someone can point out a definitive sign to the contrary) , but more-so the condition of this "new car". Outside of the usual signs of a car stored for 27 years, I'm concerned on the overall pedigree. I've only included pics that show any sort of wear for anyone's input. For example, there is already signs of wear on the famous left side seat bolster... How is this even possible at 68 miles? The "also famous" front splitter that most of us have detached and ran over during the life of the car shows extreme signs of wear and damage (as if it happened not just one big time, but multiple times). All other kids of parts seemed to have suffered scraping and damage as well, including exhaust shields and other parts under the car. At first I though overspray hit the wheels which seriously concerned me until after further inspection, it looks like some idiot painted the tires to look new. There is also just an overall sense of non-care. If you look at 7758 and 7759 there seems to be dirt and sand inside the rubber crevasses (it's also present in other shots not included in this folder). Basically, I have a '91 with 7,000 km that looks a lot newer than this!

Any help or advice would be welcome.

Thanks!

You could also upload to something like Google Photos and I believe they have an option to resize it. You can then make that album shareable here.

though, hand picking a select few would help.

Welcome back! What was your old username here on nsxprime? Did you have one? If you did, perhaps you can revive it.

I had one from the "beginning of time" which I have no clue, but when I did come back on this thread: http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/141445-Eric-Kerub-Turbo-NSX-Track-Vid?highlight=minsc it was Minsc.

Ok let's try this:

My main concern about this car is not so much that it's impossible to be a car with 68 miles (unless someone can point out a definitive sign to the contrary) , but more-so the condition of this "new car". Outside of the usual signs of a car stored for 27 years, I'm concerned on the overall pedigree. I've only included pics that show any sort of wear for anyone's input. For example, there is already signs of wear on the famous left side seat bolster... How is this even possible at 68 miles? The "also famous" front splitter that most of us have detached and ran over during the life of the car shows extreme signs of wear and damage (as if it happened not just one big time, but multiple times). All other kids of parts seemed to have suffered scraping and damage as well, including exhaust shields and other parts under the car. At first I though overspray hit the wheels which seriously concerned me until after further inspection, it looks like some idiot painted the tires to look new. There is also just an overall sense of non-care. If you look at 7758 and 7759 there seems to be dirt and sand inside the rubber crevasses (it's also present in other shots not included in this folder). Basically, I have a '91 with 7,000 km that looks a lot newer than this!

Thanks!

I made the dropbox file with my comments but it's been 2 days with "Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting."...

Ok let's try this:

Thanks!

Good day all, I never received any comments or opinions on the pictures I downloaded to Dropbox. I pretty much abandoned the potential purchase due to price, but I would nonetheless like to have any and all opinions if the pictures make sense for a "new car". I'll be in the area for the F1 race in November and might pop by and see it, but would like some expert opinion's on the matter before doing so... Thanks!

Back