• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need help/info installing custom superharger setup

I haven't been very active on Prime over past few years since I have been extremely satisfied with the car and i have not had any problems to solve since we all know how bulletproof the NSX is, but the truth is these new super cars are getting really dam fast and the Mod bug has bit again and I'm not getting rid of the NSX ever. any help on this future endeavor will be appreciated.

Any information about this supercharger setup would be nice I'm considering building something similar
(pics attached)
http://www.pasmag.com/features/vehi...k-comptech-buddy-club-volk-toyo-motul-sorcery

I have a Novi 1000 and will use an AEM infinity EMS w/ modern adjustable traction control and fail safes ect, and meth cooling and/or inter-cooler.

My intention is to set up the system very minimalistic with minimal moving parts and small pulley to build boost early and blow off the unwanted high boost in the higher RPM to attempt to create a flatter than usual power curve with minimal lag. My target is to match or improve this attached Dyno curve that a member J-RnsxT achieved on BBSC Novi 1000 running 7psi with Aem plus 4psi meth put down (pic attached) post #10 http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...BBSC-amp-AEM?p=1271072&viewfull=1#post1271072

For reference and brief explanation of desired WHP; the car weighs 2520 lbs now (pic of weight slip attached), therefore Target HP is 400-425whp which will be comparable to 475-500whp on a 3000lb car. The car currently Dynos at 279whp (dyno run attached) (OEM ems & injectors / no chip) with power to weight ratio 8.9 of is already as fast now in N/A as a typical 350whp/3100lb CTSC NSX which also has a P/W ratio of 8.9 (reference: a stock GTR puts down 436whp and weighs 3827 for a ratio of 8.7) and on a 2500lb NSX w/ 400hp will be a 6.25 power to weight (that's better than Ferrari Italia=6.76 or C7 vette Z07=6.7, lambo LP 570=6.6 ect) and about all the whp I'm interested in handling at he moment.

I like the aspect of it being custom, but extremely simple with no shafts no additional weight like BBSC and it may be inter-cooled, and due to centrifugal design is less parasitic drag than the BBSC (same centrifugal but uses a shaft to relocate blower to intake side of engine) and much less than roots style of CTSC.

The novi-1000 weighs 19lbs the mounting bracket will weigh about 3-5lbs. I have some additional weight reductions i will be doing my NET target weight is 2500lbs even.

Recommendations on pulley size and blow off valves or anything else would be great.

Also looking for a recommendation for a tuner or shop with FI NSX experience in the Miami / FT Lauderdale area.

I also have a 1.7 CTSC autorotor that may be going up for sale once I make the final decision with this custom project. I bought it off of Dave / TURBO2GO last week and it's being shipped, once i receive it if I do not install it, it will likely go up for sale. We all know the autorotor CTSC is a great unit and hard to find since they sell fast, but I like custom things so this blower setup will better match my likings and has room to grow to 500whp intercooled if needed.

View attachment nsx dyno 279whp.pdfNSX weight slip june 2015 2530lbs.jpgsupercharger novi 9.jpgsupercharger novi 8.jpgmember J-RnsxT DYNO BBSC NOVI 1000 7psi aem rc440 wal255 meth4psi.jpgsupercharger novi 7.jpgsupercharger novi.jpg

Attachments

• nsx dyno 279whp.pdf
    89.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I would probably talk to Justin [MENTION=28180]dmscrx[/MENTION] and Dave [MENTION=4799]DDozier[/MENTION] to get their thoughts. I feel like they have been doing the most innovative FI work around here.

Wow 2520lbs is impressive!

Is that with a full tank?

All you need is 550-600whp and the stats are identical to a Mclaren F1. ;^)

Wow 2520lbs is impressive!

Is that with a full tank?

All you need is 550-600whp and the stats are identical to a Mclaren F1. ;^)

No it was 1/3 tank gas, and I can't remember the last time I've had more than a half tank of gas in the car unless going for a long drive with multiple fill-ups,
I do still have all interior panels and A/C, power door locks and power windows ect. and double din nav unit and JDM nav pod as you can see in photo.
This it's not a stripped car, and not much has been just simply removed, but just about every lightest replacement part I could find over the past 8 years has been chosen and replaced. My goal is to retain comparable comforts of a GT3 and I still have another estimated 50lbs to replace/remove. Most GT3's don't even have A/C or stereo.

Mclauren F1 has insane 4.69 rwhp to weight ratio 2500lbs and 627 at the crank which is about 533rwhp.

Actually a NSX turbocharged running on e85 with evolving fuel development and tuning advancements may be seeing 500rwhp on stock internal engines more reliably in the near future. The NSX has already come a long way from the low 350rwhp FI limits of 10 years ago to lots of cars pushing 450rwhp and e85 is supposed to increase that another 50-100rwhp. I'm heavily considering just going fully built turbo for that reason. We already know the handling on the NSX can be made to keep up with just about anything. That's before we even get into aftermarket traction and stability control that may also be very close to coming to market at reasonable costs over next few years. I also have a feeling someone sooner or later will be adding a electric motor to power the front wheels of the NSX with little or no chassis modification since theres plenty of room up front, as that technology becomes more common. If so in "theory" a $20k front electric 150hp motor for front wheel drive could really put this chassis into a whole other ball park of AWD supercars. The NSX to seems be a chassis with an infinite realm possibilities that keeps improving along with the newest cars, just always a few years later. Not too many cars can continue to appreciate and be modified the way the NSX does, I think that's its most unique attribute. And people still stop and ask what newest/model/Brand car it is that just came out.

I do believe The NSX is the most attainable comparable period correct daily drivable production car chassis to a Mclauren F1 which is also my favorite car ever, in my opinion for a $12M price difference, a properly built $100k invested NSX is probably 90-95% the experience and feel. Newer cars are too muffled and sit to too high to even get close to the driving position & unfiltered feel of an Mac F1 or track oriented NSX.

Last edited:
[MENTION=9655]CDX_NSX[/MENTION] will be selling his Centrifugal S/C setup soon I believe. IMHO it is a much nicer setup than the unit in your post.

Thanks! I'll check it out.

Back