• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need help!! NSX expert

Hi,

Just had a couple of questions regarding the NSX, could someone that has been on here for a long time and knows someone on here that knows alot about NSX please give me the contact name i have a few questions i would like to message them in private

So you want a long time member to help you find another long time memeber to help you with some questions?

Why not just post it up and let everyone chime in? Why a friend of a friend?
:confused:

ffffman aka T-Bone aka Mr MoneyBags aka Trev is the NSX guru in this city...

He has installed a clutch, a supercharger, supsension, swapped out tires, install body parts, plays with fuel trim, this man knows NSXs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He even makes youtube videos too !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dont forget he even had a interior dash cover installed on his Nsx too, And records his videos with one hand while driving with the other.:biggrin:

I hear he's can offer some advice about the ladies too...

lol are you guys joking or being for real?

but on another hand i just wanted to ask do all nsx have the snap ring issue or is that only in the year of the 91-92?

Thank you Sir,

Also do you guys think its worth buying a car if a new motor was swap into place? Im currently looking at one in the US right now, its a 1996 NSX-R replica im sure you guys seen it in the for sale thread, it does have a couple of issues like the motor being changed, something with the drivers window. What do you guys think?

Snap ring is simply a 91-92 issue. Later cars didn't have it.

If you're buying a 91-92, simply get the tranny number and see if it falls in the snap-ring range, which you can find here: http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Troubleshooting/transmission.htm

This is a high mileage car that has been seriously modified, plus and engine swap. You need to talk on phone with all the previous owners to see what happened.

If you don't have a lot of cash AND really like doing your own work - could be cheap fun. If you plan to take it to a dealer and drive it a lot as your only car - walk away. See my PM for more info.

Is this the car?

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116644

The chasis has had 165,000 miles on it and the new engine has 100,000 miles on it so....depends what you want out of a NSX.

Do you want a non-original NSX that's been heavily played with or do you want a NSX that's nearly stock (assuming same age) but for a bit more $$$?

I myself would want a NSX with a chasis and engine that has done less than 100k but that's just me. For around $25k you can find other NSX's that are way lower in mileage etc. Its a buyers market right now...be patient.

For example here's a mint mint NSX that is an original Canadian car for more $$$ but way less mileage and probably way less hassle in the long run (plus no shipping or importation hassles)...

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108555&highlight=silver+canadian

Last edited:
Hi,

Just had a couple of questions regarding the NSX, could someone that has been on here for a long time and knows someone on here that knows alot about NSX please give me the contact name i have a few questions i would like to message them in private

I'm sure you could work out a nice financing deal with someone here in private, and that you and the person involved with selling an NSX also could find an intermediary who happens to be a Primer who could PM stuff to you in private and act as an intermediary for the transaction.:rolleyes:

What a mysterious post!

As for ffffman, everything they say about this mysterious man is true!!! :biggrin:

--bruce

NSXs are extremely well built and reliable cars, but all cars age, and things like seals, rubber, gaskets etc all wear with age no matter how well they are cared for.

I like the car you're looking at, but would consider the price of an engine rebuild into the equation as well as changing hoses etc. It won't need all of that right away, but will down the road, and if you're prepared for that, then you've made an educated purchase.

You could also look at white NSXs and cost out the mods yourself.

Good luck! Come to XPO in Toronto no matter what!

Back