• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need info on the 96 Red/Tan JH4NA1285TT000363

Car looks clean, and has maintenance records in the thread. Price is fair too IMO, I would go take a look and contact the owner if you are looking for an auto.

If you are out of state you can have someone check it out for you as well, I'm in Houston and can go take a look if necessary. If serious about buying can also get a PPI done by Carl here at C&M (where he had his work done as well).

Seems solid IF you can access the records. Some of the previous owners don't necessarily fall into the "treat-your-right" category.

But I love the tan interior!

Haggerty says a "good" 96-T is in the $48K range. This car appears from the pictures to be somewhat better than that, in the very "good" to "excellent" range which goes from $48K to $56K. Not being a manual discounts it some but if it is a genuinely honest NSX that's been well maintained, as it appears to be, then $47K is a reasonable price. But you might be able to negotiate some if you have cash in hand.

I did notice two of the plastic caps over the damper nut access points under the hood are missing so caveat emptor. I'd look closely at other small detail areas and ensure there's documented proof the maintenance is up to date.

In my opinion it looks like it's clean and priced in the ballpark. Make sure you want an automatic! If you have driver an auto and stick and still want an automatic then I would offer a few k less. The missising caps are normal, some people put Honda Bond on them but I just leave them off. Check out the air conditioner and radio because they are a know weak point and need repairing.

Thanks so much Bullit. What is the significance of the 2 missing plastic caps?

thanks

I wouldn't stress about the plastic caps. Easily could have been lost if someone put new dampers on or they came loose and fell off. Check the service history for dampers. I randomly lost one myself and just bought a new cover.

Car looks sharp and looks like a fair deal. Check out the wiki section for a checklist of items you should look for. Or ask for it to be taken to Carl for PPI. He will level with you.

Back