• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need my Formula 1 fantasy filled

What production car under 65 K fulfills my need for my Formula one fantasy (not interested in any American cars or used exotics ) better?: (also please don't mention the sedan called M3).

NSX
Cayman S
S2000
Lotus Exige
?? Z4/M

Maybe its because I am watching the Jap. Grand Prix but looking to have that screaming experience (could care less about torque).

Thanks.

caparo T1 when and if it comes out
*edit whups you said 65k never mind ;)
nsx is your best bet off of that list, theres a thread in the gallery with vids of an nsx with individual throttlebodies on a track. screams, just incredible

veejayy said:
What production car under 65 K fulfills my need for my Formula one fantasy (not interested in any American cars or used exotics ) better?: (also please don't mention the sedan called M3).

NSX
Cayman S
S2000
Lotus Exige
?? Z4/M

Maybe its because I am watching the Jap. Grand Prix but looking to have that screaming experience (could care less about torque).

Thanks.

Exige, driven all except the Z4/M

I have a 1991 NSX daily driver as follows: CTSC, header/exh/bypass, with Type-R sways/Zanardi/Bilstein springs, 2002 oem brakes, type-r shift boot and knob, NRG steering wheel and a few modest weight-saving items. The car will run a very, very low 12 sec quarter mile, very low 4 sec 0 - 60 mph, and beyond straight-line performance, the mid-engine platform is so well balanced, there is nothing like it for less than $60K in my opinion.

I occasionally track it, yet use it almost every day, even driving my 4 year old to school (no air bag pre-1994 and kiddie seat in the front). The car is reliable, balanced, yet performs like an F1 car.

Back