need new thermostat - go OEM or ARC?

I know, I know - OEM is usually best and always safest, but I was at the Dali site filling my basket full of goodies (getting ready for the spring tune-up). The only thermostat they had was the "ARC Racing Thermostat" which opens 10 Degrees C lower than the OEM Thermostat. [68C vs 78C]. I don't track it but as long as I'm replacing it maybe I should "upgrade"? Any drawbacks/neg. side affects?

MLmotorsport said:
I know, I know - OEM is usually best and always safest, but I was at the Dali site filling my basket full of goodies (getting ready for the spring tune-up). The only thermostat they had was the "ARC Racing Thermostat" which opens 10 Degrees C lower than the OEM Thermostat. [68C vs 78C]. I don't track it but as long as I'm replacing it maybe I should "upgrade"? Any drawbacks/neg. side affects?

OEM ones are $23.00 and I have 4 in stock. I added them to the OEM parts list for your shopping pleasure. click here to get one

I just replaced my 14 year old one with a new OEM unit and it seems to work more normally in that it opens a little slower than the other unit. However I also tested the original unit using the manuals instructions and it opened and closed at the correct temperature and to the correct specifications. So far I've been lucky in this area but like someone else said before, the correct designed operating temperature should be maintained on this engine for a number of reasons. Good to see Dali gives you a choice in this.

OEM it is :redface:
Thanks to Mark at Dali for being on top of things! Great to do business with.

Back