• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need new tires

The S-03 has been discontinued. It has been replaced by the RE050A Pole Position, but it isn't available in most of the sizes the NSX uses. If you let us know what size wheels you have, we can provide an alternative recommendation.

The problem with RE050A PP sizes is with availability for the NSX front. Most of the most popular and best rear sizes are available, including 225/50-16, 245/40-17, 255/40-17, 255/35-18, and 265/35-18, as well as the oversized 275/35-18. If you want to get a pair of rear RE050A PP to mix with the S-03 on front, feel free; they shouldn't be all that different in terms of handling. The problem will occur when you need to find a matching tire to go on the front.

I am not a dealer. I buy my tires at the usual internet sites - Tire Rack, Discount Tire Direct, etc.

Call Don at the Tire Barn in La Habra. I've bought many sets of tires from him including a set for my NSX. He hooked me up with Dunlops front and rear for 600.00 out the door. I don't know how you drive your car, but I'm very happy with the ride. His number is 562.694.8369, give him a call and tell him what you're looking for. Tell him the guy with the '95 Brooklands Green referred you...

John

I bought my last set of tires from Discount Tire Direct's eBay site. Their prices are cheaper than their own Discount Tire Direct internet site and WAY cheaper than their in-store prices. You can also use Bing Cashback on top of that to get an additional 8% off and Free Shipping.

Once they come in, bring them to the Discount Tire/America's Tire store and have them mounted. They charge you the same mounting/balancing price as if you were to buy them at the store. . .

yep, the discount tires online site. Or you could call and do it over the phone. I got 2 dunlop d1 star tires (supreme handling imo) for $330 or so.

Back