• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need Rear Tires With Good Traction

Street or Track? I have S-03's on my car now and they are great for the street, but I think they suck at the track.:cool:

Yup, 265/35-18 is the most common 18" rear size for the NSX.

Like most brands, Falken makes a lot of different tires - some with great traction, some that last a long time, some that are inexpensive, some whose performance is mediocre. Different tires for different purposes. And other brands make R compound track tires specifically for track use, featuring phenomenal dry traction, as well as generally poor wet traction and short treadlife.

The Falken Azenis RT-615 is about the stickiest street tire available. 265/35-18 is just being introduced now and can be pre-ordered at Vulcan; the common 215/40-17 front size is already available.

If you're looking for track tires, there are a lot of good ones, although few are available in 215/40-17 and 265/35-18...

What tires do you have in front? Remember, it's a good idea to use the same tires on the front and in the rear, to keep the handling predictable. If you're only buying rear tires, get a pair of the same tires as you already have on the front.

I'm currently running Falken Azenis RT-615s on my 97, 215/40-17 in front and 275/35-18 in the rear and I think they're great. They have excellent grip for the street. I haven't tried them at the track, yet.

If your ride is set up right, you'll be very surprised how well these tires grip in the corners.

97 Spa Yellow
Tein RE's, OZ wheels, Dave's compliance clamps in front, Comptec toe links in the rear, Dali exhaust and sway bars.

Back