• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need some connection help

Hey everyone. I have a problem which no tool company can help me with because I've tried calling hp wetmore rocky mountain twist and the yard so far. I'm in need of a special drill bit size. I need a SHORT 21/64 and it needs to fit a quarter inch 28 thread.

I know it's an uncommon size but what makes it hard is that it needs to be a quarter 28 thread. I was talking to someone and they said a special adapter place could "braise" one? But I'm not sure where to look for such a place.

Story behind why I need this size

-I was replacing my headers, long story short, I cross threaded two threads on the rear header on the bottom of my engine "the top left two". Well I need to helicoil and pray that it works but first I need to drill out the old threads. Since I screwed this up so far I don't want to take out my rear beam, But there's only about 6 inches of room to work with in there so I need a small right angle drill or attachment. This is the attachment that's ideal for the situation that I've found. http://www.browntool.com/category.a...Title=DRILLING+ATTACHMENTS+/+THREADED+COLLETS

If anyone else knows how to drill out the threads straight with the rear beam in I'm open for ideas, other than that, I'm asking if anyone knows anyone that could help me with making this drill bit size.

Thanks a bunch.

Stephen

Hey everyone. I have a problem which no tool company can help me with because I've tried calling hp wetmore rocky mountain twist and the yard so far. I'm in need of a special drill bit size. I need a SHORT 21/64 and it needs to fit a quarter inch 28 thread.

I know it's an uncommon size but what makes it hard is that it needs to be a quarter 28 thread. I was talking to someone and they said a special adapter place could "braise" one? But I'm not sure where to look for such a place.

Story behind why I need this size

-I was replacing my headers, long story short, I cross threaded two threads on the rear header on the bottom of my engine "the top left two". Well I need to helicoil and pray that it works but first I need to drill out the old threads. Since I screwed this up so far I don't want to take out my rear beam, But there's only about 6 inches of room to work with in there so I need a small right angle drill or attachment. This is the attachment that's ideal for the situation that I've found. http://www.browntool.com/category.a...Title=DRILLING+ATTACHMENTS+/+THREADED+COLLETS

If anyone else knows how to drill out the threads straight with the rear beam in I'm open for ideas, other than that, I'm asking if anyone knows anyone that could help me with making this drill bit size.

Thanks a bunch.

Stephen

Nevermind, I called some company "Duwitt?" and they offered not the 21/64 which is .3281 but a .323 size instead which should work for drilling out old threads.

Stephen

Back