• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need some ideas on Carbon Parts

Hello to anyone !
I have a friend here in TORINO that just bought an Autoclave (for who do not know what it is.... an Autoclave is a sort of machine that is used for work carbon fiber and create parts is a really nice way) and he asked me if I want to give him my NSX to make some parts. Later he would like to put in my car and if someone would like could buy the same parts , since there will be one tooling for every part , so also the possibility to make any number of replica that he wants.
Since we are more into motorcycles world and we know which parts are good to make for motorcycles in carbon fiber, I would like to have your opinion in which part to create for NSX, which model follow for the shapes of the parts and so on...

Emanuele

what size parts are we talking about? if you guys are into bikes i can't see it being big enough to do a wing??

aero maile par vion?!?

The NSX center console in CF seems to be something in demand.

A more economically priced NSX-R rear valance diffuser in CF would be another part in demand.

The '02+ rear-deck mini-spoiler in CF also would be received well.

A front-undertray in CF, which goes from the front lower-valance/lip to the lower portion of the radiator-duct would be desired by many track enthusiasts.

Another part would be the JDM Nav. pod in CF or even FRP.

Goodluck! :cool:

Thanks to everyone ! I will try to take all your suggestions as gold.
Regarding the measures, the autoclave is 3 meters x 1 , so no problem for long parts, and for who think that motorcycles are composed just by small parts, think at the complete fairing of a motorcycle..... is not that small !
Emanuele

2004+ NSX racing mirrors look super think they will sell good. (some one is planning to make them already!)

2002 Lights in Carbon Fiber would look great! that might be a good hit! (if so i will need to get some inventors comission!)

Damm why don't you just take the engine cover off saves you way more and you can see the NSX engine in all it's glory!

Take it off and go for a spirited drive with a lot of harsh bumps and let us know how many (expensive!) hatches you needed. :tongue::D

Ergo: The hatch glass needs a supporting frame.

Carbon battery holder with integrated air cover.

What's the minimum quantityto get something done?

full dry carbon wide body body panels, center counsel stereo cancel (one piece), top fan vent monitor (JDM) housing, flat center counsel swtich plate for after market swtiches/gauges/electronics, front under diffuser, under engine/fuel tank diffuser

I have a other idea too:

Make a carbon fiber fire wall trim! would look really racy and be light weight you might even cover it with some leather parts or leather NSX letters!

Yeah a carbon rim around your hatch with some braces to give it some rigidity but for the rest as open as possible would be very light weight cool looking practical part!

Exactly what I meant! :) only the area where the hatch touches the frame has to be stable, the rest can be thin and ultra-light. :)

Please, for the love of god...

SOMEBODY MAKE A QUALITY CARBON FIBER CENTER CONSOLE!!!!!

Please, for the love of god...

SOMEBODY MAKE A QUALITY CARBON FIBER CENTER CONSOLE!!!!!
Yeah that would be nice too!
And make it also for RHD at a nice price not to crazy (other wise you can get them from I's imapct in Japan)

And like a said some 2004+ JGTC Mirrors!

Ciao Emanuele.
Credo che tu ti debba orientare su parti che non vengono costruite in America,altrimenti le spedizione da quì sono proibitive.
Poi ti devi orientare su pacchi non troppo grandi,in quanto in Italia il limite massimo di spedizione è dato dalla lunghezza massima + lato x2+profonditàx2 e tutto questo non deve superare i 300 cm.
Quindi non è per te possibile spedire paraurti,o pannelli troppo grandi.
Sono comunque interessato a questo progetto,stò cercando chi mi costruisce pannelli porta e tutto il cruscotto in carbonio.
Fammi sapere.

Ciao Emanuele.
Credo che tu ti debba orientare su parti che non vengono costruite in America,altrimenti le spedizione da quì sono proibitive.
Poi ti devi orientare su pacchi non troppo grandi,in quanto in Italia il limite massimo di spedizione è dato dalla lunghezza massima + lato x2+profonditàx2 e tutto questo non deve superare i 300 cm.
Quindi non è per te possibile spedire paraurti,o pannelli troppo grandi.
Sono comunque interessato a questo progetto,stò cercando chi mi costruisce pannelli porta e tutto il cruscotto in carbonio.
Fammi sapere.
Oh ok I see :eek: :confused: :eek: :confused: :confused:

GT NSX:
Yeah great idea would look so cool!

Back