• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

need tires on a 94 16/17 7 spoke wheels

HELP! Need ultra high performance all season tires for my 94 NSX with 16/17 wheels in stock trim. Search is looking awfully grim. What will work?

You can step down to 205/45/16 on the fronts. They're pretty much the same as the stock size. That should open up some options. Many NSX owners here in Colorado use the General AS-07 year round, as it can snow here pretty much any time of the year.

Search on tire rack that would be a good first step.

If you drop to 205 /46-16 on the front, you can get the Continental DWS 06+ which is an excellent ultra high performance all season. My son runs them as three season tires on his car and real winter tires for winter. There is also a BFG G Force all season and a couple of Generals.

If you drop to 205 /46-16 on the front, you can get the Continental DWS 06+ which is an excellent ultra high performance all season. My son runs them as three season tires on his car and real winter tires for winter. There is also a BFG G Force all season and a couple of Generals.
I disagree those dws are not ideal for ultra high performance as suggested by the OP. I do recommend the conti extreme contact sport it is fantastic tire that performs well wet or dry.

I disagree those dws are not ideal for ultra high performance as suggested by the OP. I do recommend the conti extreme contact sport it is fantastic tire that performs well wet or dry.
The OP specifically asked for Ultra High Performance All Season tires. The Continental Extreme Contact Sport is characterized as a Maximum Performance Summer tire which is fine if don't drive around in cold temperatures.

The OP specifically asked for Ultra High Performance All Season tires. The Continental Extreme Contact Sport is characterized as a Maximum Performance Summer tire which is fine if don't drive around in cold temperatures.
Oops I glazed over the all season wording. IMO Ultra High Performance and All Season dont belong in the same sentence. I still would not recommend the DWS, go for the extreme contact sports, even in low temps they will be fine.

I'd put the AS-07 a little above the DWS- it handles like a summer UHP tire but works in 4 seasons. Hence why many NSX owners use it here. I drive the ECS year round (they handle the cold quite well), but my car stays in the garage when it snows. If it didn't, I'd use the AS-07. My two cents.

Back