• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Neighborhood car show in Erie, CO

Hi Everyone,

I've decided to have a little car party at a park just around the corner from my house. I live in the Northridge development in Erie, and we have many neighbors who have cool cars. I've polled the neighbors and there's great interest in a) bringing out the cars and b) lots of people who don't have such cars would love to come to see them.

I recently bought another NSX-a nice 93 red/black, and previously owned a nice 92 Silver, so I know a bit about the cars--but most importantly I just love cars!

We are working with the city to organize an afternoon event (probably first weekend in July--whether Sat or Sun TBD at this point). This is a 'just for fun' event, and we will have spots in a cul de sac as well as a 1+acre mowed park to work with.

If any one you are interested in a nice drive to Erie (sorry) to bring your fine rides up, I think you'll have a great time. Some other cool cars to be here include restored 54 Kaiser Darrin (the last one Rick completed sold at B-J for a little over $400K), Chevy's, Fords, Ferraris, Porsches, and lots of newer types including 2010-11 Camaros and Shelby GT500 w/the Mammoth Screws, putting down around 850RWHP...very proviacative car indeed.

Please reach out if you are interested, and thanks for reading thru the post.

And--BTW--if you as a group are going to HPR or auto-X or just for a drive, I would like to know about them!

Gumby, aka Robert Fleming, 303-915-4164
[email protected]

The Northridge Car Party will happen Saturday July 9 from ~4-8pm. If anyone's interested in coming by there should be lots of other cars to check out.

The Northridge Car Show was 'interrupted' by some rain, but did nothing to dampen the spirits of all those who came to see some pretty cool cars.

The NSX contingent was 4 strong, which included Joe from the Springs and his son (they deserve the longest distance award!), Craig from FTC, John Clark (92 CTSC) and Bob (93 all stock)--imagine 1 beautiful Long Beach Blue (02) and three Red/Black beauties all lined up...very nice indeed.

Best moment of the show: Craig wasn't sure if he could make it down; lots of things going on including a real desire to spend time with his little daughter. Craig asked his daughter what SHE wanted to do, and she said, 'Let's go to the Car Show!'. Very nice indeed--and she won the hearts of everyone at the party.

Thanks to all who came, and we'll do this again--perhaps a nice drive with a stop somewhere for brunch.

Thanks again for making the local car show the talk of the neighborhood!

Back