• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nelson Ledges Road course

I have been looking at tracks in the area to go to for my first time maybe around next year to see how i like doing it. Mid ohio looks great but not sure if i am ready to fork over that kinda cash to take the lesson before i get to drive the course. I found this place near clevland that is well priced wondering if anyone has been there, has had any good or bad experiences with it so on. Looking for some advice on other areas or your first track experiences. Trying to find places that have room for error so i don't bang my car up at all if i screw up altho i am not planning on driving hard by no means.

Thanks,
Aaron

Last edited:
Aaron,

I am like you and looking into tracks in the area, but have not yet actually pulled the trigger. I have heard that Nelson Ledges is a rough course. I have heard very good things about Putnam Park over in Indy and I am looking into Beaver Run over in PA north of Pittsburgh. Good luck.

Ken

Tracking seems to be an expensive propositon. I have never tracked my car but could take it to Sebring which is pretty famous. I think the cost is $350.00

I think tracking is like crack. Once you get a taste you will want to do more and more. And much like crack, it costs alot to feed the habit.

Have you ever taken your car to the dragstrip? Do you have any experience with karts, dirt bikes or are you just good at Gran Torismo on XBOX?

:rolleyes: It is Friday...............................

PM Ken aka nsxtasy..he has been tracking for years in your neck of the woods and may be able to give you some insights.

Thanks for all the comments. I am suprised how many i have acually been finding in the area. Just hoping to keep it around or under a 3 hour drive. I just stumbled upon this one near New Haven, MI http://www.gingermanraceway.com/. I watched the full video of nelson ledges and it does look a little rough and that they have been patching it in corners in stuff:eek: Beaver run looks pretty nice also and isnt very much farther, the one down in indy i saw and looks great but is pretty far drive i am sure i will end up down there sometime if i enjoy tracking which i am pretty sure i will. As for track time that i have that would be pretty much none thats why i am looking for something safe and near by i can just run around see how i like doing it and get a good feel for things

Hi Aaron and hope all is well. I was into Toledo this past Weds... had lunch at Ventura's - love that place!! :biggrin:

Gingerman is about five miles east of South Haven, MI. Say 35 minutes west of Kalamazoo. It is excellent! My criteria is same as yours - LOADS of run-off room. Well, Gingerman's got it. Plus I understand they just completed an extension for their track, making it longer and more fun.

I haven't tracked in a couple of years, and I'm getting the itch kinda bad. When/if I do again, it'll be Gingerman for me.

Last edited:
Come up next year around July for the Western Michigan Honda Meet held each year at Gingerman. Register and pay early spots go fast.

Or Register with CGI Motorsports which also uses Gingerman as it's home instructing course. They will give you a discount for owning an NSX I beleive.

http://wmhm.org/

http://www.cgimotorsports.com/school.html

You may get lucky and run in to Cody of Love Fab Turbo's

Last edited:
Back