• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New 1/18 R/C NSX body

HPI just released new pics of their 1/18 MicroRS4 NSX body. In addition to the body shell, they have a new wheel set that's pretty close to the 7 spoke OEMS.

You can find out more at www.hpiracing.com.

DSCN1342k2.jpg

DSCN1172k2.jpg

DSCN1334k2.jpg

7614.jpg

DSCN1261k.jpg

DSCN1340k2.jpg

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1999 3.2TL
2001 Odyssey
1992 SC400

Originally posted by FuryNSX:
HPI just released new pics of their 1/18 MicroRS4 NSX body. In addition to the body shell, they have a new wheel set that's pretty close to the 7 spoke OEMS.

Hey Fury!

Check out my Avatar. It's an HPI-RS4 I built about 4 years ago. The 1/10 scaler matches all the way down to my 3-spoke Momo rims. God... I love the kid in me!

Carl Camper

Originally posted by XSNSX:
Hey Fury!

Check out my Avatar. It's an HPI-RS4 I built about 4 years ago. The 1/10 scaler matches all the way down to my 3-spoke Momo rims. God... I love the kid in me!

Carl Camper

That's great. I did the same thing but used the grey mesh HPI wheels to mimic the Zanardi wheels. Can't tell from your avatar, did you also custom fab a rear spoiler to mimic the stock NSX? (The HPI normally just includes the big-ass wing.)

Originally posted by Number9:
That's great. I did the same thing but used the grey mesh HPI wheels to mimic the Zanardi wheels. Can't tell from your avatar, did you also custom fab a rear spoiler to mimic the stock NSX? (The HPI normally just includes the big-ass wing.)

For one of my 1/10 NSX shells, I used a Hotbodies NSX and modified it's "big-ass wing" to look like an OEM wing.

r-c_nsx_tamiya2pc.jpg

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1999 3.2TL
2001 Odyssey
1992 SC400

Here's a pic of the Hot Bodies NSX and big wing:

10704_-_Acura_NSX__500_Pixel.jpg

Personnally, I think it looks better than the HPI. And yes, the Tamiya (non-racing) NSX lexan body looks even better, but that one isn't readily available.

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1999 3.2TL
2001 Odyssey
1992 SC400

FuryNSX, nice touch with the Targa top! BTW, for nitro (200mm) racing bodies in 1/10 scale, Kyosho also does an excellent Castrol-Mugen NSX. I think the Tamiya stock NSX body has long been discontinued...

As Number9 noted, Tamiya discontinued the "stock" NSX shell a few years back. It's quite difficult to get your hands on one. Every once in a while, I'll see a painted one on eBay going for about $40. Also, it had the 5-spoke OEM wheels. Actually, they weren't even true wheels. They were more like hub caps styled like them that were mounted on the Pan-style chassis wheels and foam tires.

If anything, these newer 7 spoke wheels look pretty close, but they're scaled for their 1/18 Micro RS4 chassis, and the body is styled more toward the GT racers.

I still think in 1/10 scale that the Hotbody shell looks better than the HPI shell. I think HPI took far too many liberties in their 1/10 body, but I hear it's a good handling (i.e. aerodynamically efficient) body for racing. Before the Stratus body came out, many r/c racers recommended it.

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1999 3.2TL
2001 Odyssey
1992 SC400

Originally posted by O-Ace:
Now I know what I'll be wasting my money on this weekend
biggrin.gif

Go for it!!!
biggrin.gif
If there's one thing I like about the hobby, as long as you don't bash your cars, they make good display pieces. Painting solid color bodies is a snap since you paint on the inside. It's easy to make the car body look almost flawless. No finger print smears, smudges, or runs!
smile.gif
And HPI makes really good decal sets (pre-cut even) that really finish it off.

Here's a pic of an HPI staff member's desk to see what I mean:

attachment.php

(BTW, I had no financial investment in any of these r/c companies and products. I just really like the hobby, and I think HPI makes a real good product.)

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1999 3.2TL
2001 Odyssey
1992 SC400

ViewImage.dll

ViewImage.dll

ViewImage.dll

Almost as expensive as real cars when you get the go-fast crack habit in this hobby.

[This message has been edited by Number9 (edited 23 July 2002).]

Fury,

Do you have the body # for the 2002 NSX shell.

Thanx

Originally posted by NSX2NV:
Fury,

Do you have the body # for the 2002 NSX shell.

Thanx

The model number of the 1/18 MicroRS4 NSX body is #7614. It should probably start hitting store shelves in about a month.

Tower Hobbies also lists a pending MicroRS4 kit (chassis) with the NSX body as #614.

HPI hasn't actually announced the kit, but if they follow their usual practice, kits usually follow a couple of months after bodies appear. For example, they now list an RX-7 MicroRS4 kit, and that body came out a couple of months ago. I wouldn't be surpised if you see a RTR (ready to run) version after that.

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1999 3.2TL
2001 Odyssey
1992 SC400

[This message has been edited by FuryNSX (edited 23 July 2002).]

Number9,

I noticed the first pic was an E36. Is that a four door or a two door? Tamiya had a real cool 4-door shell, but it's difficult to find, even as a kit, and it was available only in 190mm.

r-c_ta02bmw_lo.jpg

r-c_ta02bmw_lo2.jpg

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1999 3.2TL
2001 Odyssey
1992 SC400

Originally posted by FuryNSX:
I noticed the first pic was an E36. Is that a four door or a two door?

I hear they're coming out with a 1/18 model of an E46 M3, and the engine is in a million pieces.
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
I hear they're coming out with a 1/18 model of an E46 M3, and the engine is in a million pieces.
biggrin.gif

That's not nice, Ken! (LOL! But sad enough to make me cancel my order.) FuryNSX, the toy car is a 4-door and the real car is the original Dinan S3 M3 that did the 2000 One Lap. I was only able to find a Parma E36 M3 in recent times, but I haven't painted it yet.

Originally posted by Number9:
I was only able to find a Parma E36 M3 in recent times, but I haven't painted it yet.

I got the same body too, but have left it unpainted for the two years since. After comparing it to the Tamiya lines, I found myself to be in no rush to paint it.
frown.gif

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1999 3.2TL
2001 Odyssey
1992 SC400

> Personnally, I think it looks better than the HPI

The Hot Bodies NSX doesn't come with a decal sheet. The decals from HPI (for the window frames, door handles, rear lamps, etc) may fit, but HPI doesn't sell the NSX decal separately anymore.

Also, the front fender (where the Shell logo is located) is concave, which looks a little weird to me.

Anyone has the Kyosho NSX LM GT1 lexan shell and willing to sell?

Originally posted by gomaidy:
Thanks for the pictures Randy, I am thinking of getting an electic, I will go to Hobby shack and check it out.

XSNSX post bigger pix of your RC car.

Hope this works...

album

Originally posted by EK:
The Hot Bodies NSX doesn't come with a decal sheet. The decals from HPI (for the window frames, door handles, rear lamps, etc) may fit, but HPI doesn't sell the NSX decal separately anymore.

Yeah, you're right about the decal sheet. I ended up using one of my HPI sheets for the lights, but since I painted the car black, I didn't need to worry about the window trim. As for the rear light lens, the HPI art wasn't wide enough so I had to play with it a bit to get it to work with the Hotbody.

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1999 3.2TL
2001 Odyssey
1992 SC400

OK how in the hell do you guys get the cars painted so realistic. I have been waiting to get the nerve to paint a 300 doller Rosso model but am afraid to mess it up. Who wants a project?

I need to get the NSX body for my HPI 1/10. When it's finished I'll post some pictures.

btw...does anyone have a 2-speed gearset for sale? I think that's the last mod on my car, forgot what's on it already
smile.gif

------------------
Richard
NSXTASY

Originally posted by K-Dawg:
OK how in the hell do you guys get the cars painted so realistic. I have been waiting to get the nerve to paint a 300 doller Rosso model but am afraid to mess it up. Who wants a project?

biggrin.gif
That's the beauty of working with R/C cars and lexan bodies. You paint them from the inside so you can possibly get the paint to run or smudge. As for details like lights and window molding, some of the better companies like HPI and Tamiya have very cool decal sets. (Time consuming, but the results are pretty convincing.)

Here's an example of an HPI decal sheet for an RSX:
http://www.hpiracing.com/graphics/decals/9475.jpg

(Warning: Large image!!)

As for your Rosso, good luck. I've refrained from bidding on eBay auctions 'cuz I know I'll never get around to painting/building that thing.
tongue.gif

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1999 3.2TL
2001 Odyssey
1992 SC400

> I have been waiting to get the nerve to paint a 300 doller Rosso model but am afraid to mess it up.

I had the same concern, so I bought 2 of them
smile.gif
There's also a "Grade-up Painting Version" (GPV) from Rosso, with a number of parts pre-painted from the factory: body, doors, rear bumper, A, H, J, and I Parts. The 1/12 I have is silver, and I believe the 1/43 ones have several color variations.

Back