• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NEW 2015 Inspired 91 NSX Build

ok here is from today the rear ass is gonna be fat. and the side vents are so big its not funny this is gonna be bad-azz guys
2012-12-13_11-54-28_94.jpg
2012-12-13_11-54-55_352.jpg

2012-12-13_11-54-44_21.jpg

Last edited:
The rear quarters are similiar to the comptech / gt300 widebody.

Side scoop looks more integrated but the spoiler isn't very harmonious. Especially from the rear right above where the taillights curve in, it's going to look very "home made". Not sure there is a solution to that either since creating new lights is cost prohibitive. Probably better off slapping a big ass wing on it!

You could have gone 1999(?) Mitsubishi eclipse style with the spoiler instead of making it upright. It would have matched up with the sides and still given you more height. Then again it could have looked too curvy for the NSX body that way. IMO spoilers never look right on the NSX- even the type R looks tacked on but it was their best attempt at a work around. The NSX rear end is visually wider bc the line of the wing starts at the outer base of the taillights and is sculpted into the rear quarters. Anything you change breaks up the sweeping visual line it creates from one end to the other. This feature has always been the most exquisite fighter jet design cue on the car for me, and is the most prominent thing that distinguishes the nsx's identity from other wedge shaped sports cars. Thats why its my avatar :) Ive never mistaken the nsx for another car from the rear view but i have from the front -C5 corvette, lotus esprit, MR2, etc.

Good luck Shawn, this is sure to be a unique build!

Did someone just blow the cover? LOL

yeah the owner is very very tall, he also races cars, and he said the set-up of the seats were all wrong. your arms and hands need to be centered. so he is cutting the floor board out and making the seats fit like they should have been from the start. this car is going to be sick there will never be anotehr like it as he only build 1-of a kind it will be forsale after he is done.
I have been busy and havent updated the buidl page sorry guys will try better.

to cut teh floorboard out is def extreme. but that why they call them extreme motor cars.

This build just got weird.

Can very much appreciate the time involved (although all nsx lines are now lost) and interested to see the final outcome.

Last edited:
Ok we dropped the engine saturday I had him time me he pressed the stop watch app on his phone and started the count.

I yelled done he pressed the app stop. and it was 1 hour 16 minutes. now is that fast or what? I think its fast but I am sure someone will beat me by minutes LOL

never timed myself but it was fun, was like a NASCAR pitstop it was exciting. under the knife and clock bad ass fun.

ok updates this thing is bad ass will be in the car show this saturday. lots still to do but check out the site for pics I will upload some tomorrow

heres the link.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.extrememotorcar.com/album79

- - - Updated - - -

Door_Handle_Plaque_thumb.jpg

E for Extreme

Last edited:
I love the nose, but... Pop ups? You're making a modern interpretation how is that going to blend with pop ups?

Hi,

i've been following this build and i'm not liking how the quarter panel to wing flow is done...

from the side, it looks like an F50, but from the rear, with the specific shape of the NSX
tailights, it just looks weirdly ugly... i'm waiting to see the final product with paint and
everything....but i don't have many hopes it will look good....

Nuno

LOL have some faith guys we started it today with the new free flow muffler system and it sounds like shit the muffler guy is on his way now to rip it out and put something else in. it sounded like
a honda accord 4 cyl. LOL

the paint screams in the sunlight. just have some faith. since its going to be in the Sarasota Car show this saturday anyone that inspects the car in person should back me up on the paint and the look of the car.

but beauty is in the eye of the owner LOL

Last edited:
Certainly different. Hard to visualize it from the photos, will have to see the end result. At the moment though, I am sort of "meh" on the look.

Back