• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

New Advan Racing RSII

6961296668_5db000ed62_b.jpg

Since its inception in 2005, the Advan RS has been a mainstay in the Advan lineup. Introducing the all-new Advan RSII, the first redesigned model in the RS lineup.
The RSII shares the similar full-face 10-spoke design, but with a more sophisticated concave spoke shape. RSII is also the first Advan Racing wheel to feature machined side cut spokes resulting in lighter weight and enhanced rigidity.

Available May 2012

NSX Sizing:
Front:
17x8 +45
17x8 +37
18x8 +45

Rear:
18x10 +35
19x10 +35

Weights still not available :frown: Once pricing is available I will have a sales thread dedicated to the RSII.

any news on a rzII ? im more of a rz fan over rs

Available May 2012 [URL="http://www.v-road.com" said:
Are they available to order or ship in may. Also what finish is this one. It appears to be a shade between the current dark gun metal and the silver.

Last edited:
Are they available to order or ship in may. Also what finish is this one. It appears to be a shade between the current dark gun metal and the silver.

They are available for order now, ~12-14 weeks to get from Japan. new wheels usually take a little longer once they are launched.

That finish is called "Racing Hyper Black" has a base coat of the Hyper silver then a few undertones of black for the darker look.

Is the finish similar to these? And would you have additional pictures beside the one in the original post. I would be looking at 17/18 combo. With only 1 size for the rear what would you recommend for the front 45 or 37. When do you expect pricing to be available.

Hillsborough2-20120425-00024.jpg

Ryan what are the offsets available for a 17" rear fitment, 17x9, 9.5, or 10.

Do you know what the weight savings are over an RSII yet? I'd like a quote on 17x8 fronts +37 and 17x X rear fitment with center caps and R40 neo chro lugs shipped to 02172. Please PM me. I am shopping around for these now. Hyper black color (the lighter one).

Last edited:
Ryan what are the offsets available for a 17" rear fitment, 17x9, 9.5, or 10.

Do you know what the weight savings are over an RSII yet? I'd like a quote on 17x8 fronts +37 and 17x X rear fitment with center caps and R40 neo chro lugs shipped to 02172. Please PM me. I am shopping around for these now. Hyper black color (the lighter one).

17x9.5 +35 will work in the rear.
PM Sent :wink:

So the RSII is basically the same as the RS but it is more concave then the already nicely concaved RS?

Are their any pics that show how much more concave it is? And would you need to do a 10" wheel in order to enjoy this concaveness?

facepalmsmiley1ti3.gif
WHY WHY WHY??? Don't do it! Go with 18x10 in the rear!

LOL... I knew you'd yell at me, I posted about it on the other thread. 2 pounds more on the wheel. 2 pounds more on the tire. 8 pounds total on the OUTERMOST area of a rotating unsprung mass. That's equivalent to a MINIMUM of 20 pounds in the car, probably closer to 90 pounds of static weight. And I am not sure it looks better. Anyway let's not derail the thread. You can reply on wheel thread asking for the photoshop.

So the RSII is basically the same as the RS but it is more concave then the already nicely concaved RS?

Are their any pics that show how much more concave it is? And would you need to do a 10" wheel in order to enjoy this concaveness?

It's not more concave. It's lighter. There are I-beam cuts on the sides of the spokes.

It's not more concave. It's lighter. There are I-beam cuts on the sides of the spokes.

Oh...I guess I misread the below and thought it was "more concave" than the RS. So it's lighter and they have the machined dimple on the spokes.

The RSII shares the similar full-face 10-spoke design, but with a more sophisticated concave spoke shape.

LOL... I knew you'd yell at me, I posted about it on the other thread. 2 pounds more on the wheel. 2 pounds more on the tire. 8 pounds total on the OUTERMOST area of a rotating unsprung mass. That's equivalent to a MINIMUM of 20 pounds in the car, probably closer to 90 pounds of static weight. And I am not sure it looks better. Anyway let's not derail the thread. You can reply on wheel thread asking for the photoshop.

LOL you must be involved in a serious race series in the silver bullet to be so concerned with track times/wheel weight...

LOL you must be involved in a serious race series in the silver bullet to be so concerned with track times/wheel weight...

I do track the car and I also don't like compromising the car's original performance. Every mod I have done up have bought the best parts and researched it thoroughly. Even these wheels. There's a reason why I am OK changing my excellent super-light, forged, beautifully styled 02+ OEM wheels for these. There aren't many wheels I like. Anyway you may think 8 pounds on the wheels don't matter much but they do. This is the one area I am very hesitant to compromise. I'm anal about weight, everyone laughs at 3 pounds here and 2 pounds there, but when it adds up to 200-250 pounds and makes a SIGNIFICANT difference on the car no one laughs. You gotta just stay steadfast man, like working out and dieting. LOL... We don't have the highest horsepower cars so you have to be careful of getting fat. :D

Ryan do you have weights yet on the RSII?

Back