• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Alpine 630 Disc Changer

fine deal w/ MP3 play-back!

hmm... With the CD-R/CD-RW (hence MP3?) capability, that's a good deal for a 'new' in the box Alpine changer. Kudos on your purchase... :)

It do not believe it is the MP3 model (that would be the S634) as it is the S630. For under $150 with Velcro for mounting I think I couldn't pass on the deal :D

Re: fine deal w/ MP3 play-back!

Osiris_x11 said:
hmm... With the CD-R/CD-RW (hence MP3?) capability, that's a good deal for a 'new' in the box Alpine changer. Kudos on your purchase... :)
CD-R/CD-RW does NOT mean mp3 capable & indeed the 630 model is not mp3 capable. CD-R/CD-RW simply means it will play self recorded discs but must still be in cda format.
That was a pretty good price, but for me its a better value to spend the extra $$$$ to get the 634 mp3 unit - this can expand the capability to over 1000 tracks (depending on your data rate) in the 6 pack cartridge. Think of having a 100 cds at your disposal instead of only 6 ! (I actually have an in-dash unit with a single disc with 120 tracks at pretty high quality rates - more than you can fit in the 6 pack on cda!)

apapada said:
...Works just great and a simple plug and play into the original wire harness. I didn't even need an adaptor, but the car used to have a Disc Changer in the past before I bought it and maybe that's why...
I'm not so sure it does not need an adapter - it will need the ACUALP adapter cable to convert from the Honda/Acura dedicated wiring to this general unit - see this thread for details on what is required or a DIY instruction from Taj
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22606
It may be "working" but not properly! I would recommend you get the adapter or DIY fix.
(Incidentally all NSX's come with the CD changer extension cable to the trunk already in the car)

Re: Re: New Alpine 630 Disc Changer

D'Ecosse said:
It may be "working" but not properly!

Works just fine. I can't tell a difference between a CD played in this and my home stereo. But again, I bought the NSX used and it used to have another ALPINE unit before I ever bought my NSX. Thus, the wiring probably has been already take care of.:cool:

Back