• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Bay Area Member(San Francisco Ca) - Would like to meet some breathren

Hi Everyone,

I would like to meet up with the local Bay Area guys at some point and hear some of the exhausts you guys have. I really want the Taitec GT009, but the sigle exit exhaust is discouraging. I still may end up getting it, it sounds amazing but I need to hear it in real life first.

Is there anyone in or near San Francisco that has the Taitec Parralel, Taitec LTW, GT009 or the Pride exhaust. It would be fun to meet some local owners and see these exhausts in person.

I modify all my cars, I was on the verge of purchasing headers and when I was putting on some test pipes I was pleasently surprized to learn that the car already had headers. The previous owner(s) must not have been aware because it was never mentioned.

Needless to say I am very impressed by the car. I am use to performance oriented cars in my stable(M5, Turbo M3 600hp+), but the NSX is truely a special car. Looking forward to meeting some of you guys and becoming part of the community.

Welcome to the NSX world. We actually have a Bay Area meet coming up on the 7th which is supposed to be in San Mateo but might be in Fremont. Look in the Norcal section for the monthly meet thread.

I actually just changed my exhaust to a center exit and its friggin loud or maybe I just need to get used to it. :biggrin:

I think there are some Bay Area members that have the exhausts your looking to hear (not sure about the GT009). Maybe a couple of them will see this thread and advise if they're coming to the meet or not.

Any way post pics because we love pics and we will ban you from all meets if you dont post pics first. :smile:

BTW - What kind of headers were already on the car? What other mods do you have?

I modify all my cars

And there are some of us who don't modify their cars at all, beyond an iPod adapter and a see-thru engine cover. :smile: But it's always fun to look at other folks' mods.

Welcome to the group! -Alan on the Peninsula

As Dahlsim said, we have monthly meets every first Saturday of the month. The location alternates between San Mateo (where we're meeting in July) and Fremont.

You can hear the following exhausts if the corresponding people show up:

Taitec JGTC Parallel - Spartan 2-3 (or something like that)
Taitec GT Lightweight - me
Taitec GT-009 - nobody I know...
Pride - AMGNSX

Dahlsim has a pretty mean sounding one-off consisting of no muffler per se, just what look to be resonators.

Edub has a Ti ARC.

Otto_Joe has a good sounding custom exhaust.

MikeC_587 has a very good sounding GT-One V2.

Hope to see you there!

J

As Dahlsim said, we have monthly meets every first Saturday of the month. The location alternates between San Mateo (where we're meeting in July) and Fremont.

Pride - AMGNSX

Dahlsim has a pretty mean sounding one-off consisting of no muffler per se, just what look to be resonators.

Edub has a Ti ARC.

Hope to see you there!

J

Wow I never realized the Bay Area has some serious exhaust systems. If we can get the Sharkwerks guy (cant remember his Prime name) out we can hear his new Pride V1 exhaust.

Anyone running Prospeed around here?

Anyone running Prospeed around here?
I currently have Prospeed HFC, Prospeed tuned chip with RDX injectors but not Prospeed exhaust, I heard it in person and it sounded pretty tight due to the X-pipe design. I have the GTLW exhaust too but can't make it to the meet next Saturday due to prior arrangement.

I wonder if there is any place we can take our cars to in that area and do fly bys to hear each others exhausts. I would be curious to hear them all. We could even record them for Prime. :biggrin:

rednsxt- exhaust sounds the best i think im gonna get the same setup as his so my privde exhaust will be for sale i will come up next week to the event and my bro will bring the red one up we just fnished

Pride - AMGNSX

Edub has a Ti ARC.

Hope to see you there!

J

C'mmon James, how could you forget my handle :biggrin:

I sold my Taitec JGTC and now have the Pride exhaust (w/ quad tips) :cool:

rednsxt- exhaust sounds the best i think im gonna get the same setup as his so my privde exhaust will be for sale i will come up next week to the event and my bro will bring the red one up we just fnished
Johnny, thanks and what time will you be up here? I wanna check out the red one before heading to SF.

So is this meet next week. I want to hear this arsenal of exhausts and meet some of you guys. I have some vids of of my new set up. I have had some very fast loud cars in the past and this exhaust puts them all to shame.

Going through tunnels is absurd!!

Yes this Saturday. Unfortunately I made some last minute plans and will miss the festivities. Hurry up and get the exhaust vid posted.

C'mmon James, how could you forget my handle :biggrin:

I sold my Taitec JGTC and now have the Pride exhaust (w/ quad tips) :cool:

Sorry, Romeo… but hey, I was only off by a space! Who picked up your JGTC Parallel? Local owner?

So is this meet next week. I want to hear this arsenal of exhausts and meet some of you guys.

You gotta come out to all of the meets to actually hear all of the exhausts I listed. I think I might be the only one who's made it to all the meets so far and I'm not gonna be at this one.:frown:

So come out this month to start hearing them. And keep coming each month to hear more. Plus, I'm really interested to hear your exhaust and I won't make it this month. :redface:

Look in the NorCal forum for the meet thread.

J

It sounds awesome (JGTC Race car sound) but it was getting a little too loud for my taste.

I guess you can say, I've out grown it :biggrin:

Its all good James :D-
sold it to a guy from SJ area, forgot his name/ handle (sorry) but I do know he is a friend of Vytas :D

Mine is loud too but I just installed it and I think I'm getting used to it. I have these Vortex cones inside the tips of my exhaust which are supposed to help dissipate the sound. I can't imagine how loud mine would be without these.

http://www.dynatechheaders.com/access_vortex.html

photo.jpg

Mine is loud too but I just installed it and I think I'm getting used to it. I have these Vortex cones inside the tips of my exhaust which are supposed to help dissipate the sound. I can't imagine how loud mine would be without these.
Did you run it without the cones of silence?

J

Back