• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NEW C6 Z06 pic's from the LA Autoshow!!

NSXLuvr said:
I think most of the crowd(including you) is impressed by the #'s. Looks are subjective and few of us has seen the car in person. However, lets recap:

1. 3130 lbs(sounds familiar) and 500 HP.
2. 3130 lbs(^^) and 475 Lb-ft of TQ.
3. Aluminum Chassis.
4. Titanium conn. rods.
5. Carbon Fiber fenders.
6. 14 " brake rotors.
7. Track tested.

Sounds to me like you have a next gen. NSX specs with 500 HP and a lower price tag. :eek: :eek: I think that pretty pretty impressive.

Also - don't forget engines are pretty much hand assembled by one engine builder from start to finish. The copied a lot of what we all love about our NSX. I keep trying to hate vette's but they are making it very hard to do so. If this car had an Acura badge, these numbers, and the projected price tag - we would be falling over ourselves right now with how Acura hit it right on the head with this thing.

As for the pushrod vs OHC - I wouldn't judge an engine by number of holes in the block (v6 vs v8) nor necissarily by the number of holes in the head (4vpc vs 2 vpc pushrod). Truth is - this is a very effecient engine in packaging / space because the pushrod allows you to use the space between the pistons very effectively. I bet this is the smallest (and probably lightest) engine ever built with this much displacement and these dimensions.

Nice job Chevy.

matteni said:
As for the pushrod vs OHC - I wouldn't judge an engine by number of holes in the block (v6 vs v8) nor necissarily by the number of holes in the head (4vpc vs 2 vpc pushrod). Truth is - this is a very effecient engine in packaging / space because the pushrod allows you to use the space between the pistons very effectively. I bet this is the smallest (and probably lightest) engine ever built with this much displacement and these dimensions.

Nice job Chevy.

I agree, they did an awesome job. Only complaint I have about the 03 zo6 is engine would shake the car under hard acceleration...not sure if that is a worthwhile compaint ;)

Wonder if they fixed this with the new engine...then I would have nothing to complain about. I'd be buying one without question if I lived in the US.

supra2nv said:
ordinary C6? interesting. I guess the flared fenders, flared quarter panels, and nicer wheels didn't grab your attention.

Anyways, the car looks killer to me. scoops i agree are a bit weird...especially the one on the rear.
Jack
Sure Jack. My point is that I don't think these details have transformed the Z06 into something drastically different from the ordinary C6 in the look department. You guys have never praised the C6 as something stunning to start with. Why all of a sudden the Z06 became a gorgeous car?
Steve

doesn't look bad at all..but bang for buck is hard to beat. We'll have to see how everything is put together, definitely 2nd year run worth taking a look at.

stormrider..you know you like it! :biggrin:

I just saw one during lunch time. At first, i noticed a low car coming from a distance....and I was like....Wow...what's that. As it came closer, I was like WOW...not bad for a Corvette. Just lower that car even lower...and you got yourself a nice car. Maybe I should get one and take out the Corvette emblem...and make it unknown :)

Back