• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Clutch time... .What else to do when the cars down???

What other maintenance items should be done when the car is down??

I'm planning on the clutch kit with flywheel (probably SOS kit)

Timing Belt......

Water Pump?????????

Ideas???

What else if I'm doing these things would be recommended and where's the best place to get them?

I don't know your history but do you ever plan on going FI? If so, now is the time to do the clutch the right way. Also I believe some say this would be a good time to do the rear main seal and headers if you want. Personally, I think coolant hoses are one major item that is easily ignored. Do your spool valves weep at all? Head gaskets leak oil?
Any misfires? If so and you have a lot of mileage then perhaps a set of coil packs are in order. If it has been 7 years since you did a TB/WP go ahead and do that and a valve adjustment. Most importantly, find a good shop. Keep us posted and take pix.

Car is in good condition and strong minus the clutch slipping :) 190k , bought 3 years ago it's on it's second motor (replaced at 60-70k before I got the car), probably close to 100k on this motor. I've replaced the coils and plugs and fuel pump this year.

I was thinking of the rear main seal also... Car already has headers but does for some reason still show a miss-fire after all the new coils and plugs.. Still working that one out... Might be a o2 sensor in my opinion, still need to do the fuel filter too

No other leaks that I have seen. Haven't looked at the spoon valves..(haven't heard of them either till this point :) ) I've replaced the main middle coolant hoses right after I bought the car.

Valve Adjustment also I'm sure would be good to do.

Thanks

I don't know your history but do you ever plan on going FI? If so, now is the time to do the clutch the right way. Also I believe some say this would be a good time to do the rear main seal and headers if you want. Personally, I think coolant hoses are one major item that is easily ignored. Do your spool valves weep at all? Head gaskets leak oil?
Any misfires? If so and you have a lot of mileage then perhaps a set of coil packs are in order. If it has been 7 years since you did a TB/WP go ahead and do that and a valve adjustment. Most importantly, find a good shop. Keep us posted and take pix.

Back