• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New guy saying hi, and looking for an NSX.

I've been a BMW owner for the last 15 years and about six years ago I was torn between a 91 NSX and a 96 M3. Well, I went with the M3, since at the time it was going to be a daily driver.

Now I'm back looking for a 95 or newer black NSX-T, preferably with less that 50k miles. I came across this one link in the for sale forum. I am curious about the suspension on the car. What is the ride like on the Tien RA coil over?

Any comments or opinions are appreciated

Thanks
Brian

I had a 98 M3 and a 94 325is before jumping into my NSX. It was one of the best choices ive ever made. Actually I sold my M3 to buy my current house and while I saved for my NSX I drove a 1990 Jeep Wrangler with 180k miles. Talk about a real step up!!

I've had several BMW's, including an 87 325is, a 97 540i (auto), and a 99 M3. Myself and my daughter put on over 240k on the 87 and we definately got our money's worth. A jerk hit my daughter head on, and ended the 87 (fortunately she was ok - the car does have very good structural integrity!).

The other two bimmers, lot's of trouble and $$. Also, BMW does not get the shift/clutch right in recent years. The NSX is much better with the clutch/shift relationship. The NSX is soo much better than the bimmers :)

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
I had a 98 M3 and a 94 325is before jumping into my NSX. It was one of the best choices ive ever made.

BobMc said:
The NSX is soo much better than the bimmers :)

I really enjoy my M3. I track the car often and it handles incredible.
How would you guys compare the handling of the NSX to your M3's?

I'm not 100% sure if I'm going to sell the M3 yet. I may keep it as a track car.

Brian

I'm sure with the Tein suspension it will handle like a dream, but be relatively harsh on the ass for every day driving. I have a Tein coilover setup in my GSR, and the ride is pretty hard, but it corners like my old FD, which is pretty good for a FWD car, IMO. I think you'll want to keep the M3 as the daily and track the NSX - from what I hear they are amazing in the twisties :)

BP NSX said:

I'm not 100% sure if I'm going to sell the M3 yet. I may keep it as a track car.

Brian
Have you driven a well-sorted NSX yet? Find one and drive it, I think you will find the answer for your self. BTW, my last car was E36 M3 with Bilstein.

EIFFEL said:
Have you driven a well-sorted NSX yet? Find one and drive it, I think you will find the answer for your self. BTW, my last car was E36 M3 with Bilstein.

Sounds like I won't be disappointed in the handling of the NSX compared to the M3.

I drove a stock 91 NSX 6 years ago. I didn't push the car too hard since I was on a test drive. My M3 currently has Bilsteins, Eibach springs, UUC Sway Barbarians and I'm also putting down 342RWHP with a RMS S/C.

Brian

I have a 99 m3 w/koni coil over suspension, uuc sways, front & rear strut braces, and most of the other typical go fast mods. The 91 nsx that I purchased 3 months ago came with a more "extreme" setup; ct rear shock brace, ct rear suspension beam, ct non-compliance rear suspension toe links,
dali anti sway bars, eibach springs, and koni adjustable shocks. Both cars obviously ride stiffer than stock, but the m is much more forgiving on chicago's less than perfect pavement.

Well the NSX is was looking into doesn't match up to the Carfax.
According to Carfax the NSX has 73k miles on it and the sellers ad says it has 44k.
I emailed the seller and he has not responded. Here is the ad again.
link

So, I'm still looking.
NSX-T, Black on Black

Brian

That stinks, good luck with your search. As for buying a car with Teins, depends on how picky you are about ride quality...they're definitely harsher. Mine is a daily driver and with the RE's I have them on the softest setting currently, and the ride on NY streets is just this side of acceptable IMO. Maybe i'm spoiled...my last car made nice rwhp and had incredible ride quality, but the NSX was built sans compromise, thankfully.

- Jon

I believe the M3 and NSX to be the best all around value for a sports car on the market today. Not many cars have the balance of luxury and performance as these 2. Can't go wrong with either car daily or track, long trip or quick sprint through the canyons.

Currently 1995 NSX-T

Previous 2002 M3, 2001 M3, 1991 NSX

All modded.

BP NSX said:

Brian

I had a '99 M3 for a while, and my lap times were almost identical to my NSX's. The M3 was far easier for me to get to drive quickly, and had very controllable and neutral handling that I could steer with the throttle. The NSX is more on a fine edge, and take a little more getting used to in order to really get up there without spinning out. :D

Both cars in general are easier to drive around a track than most other sports cars, and I believe that it is a testament to their respective designs that they are so good. If you like your M3, you will love the NSX. That is probably the easiest way to say it. :)

Wow! There are quite a few former M3 drivers on here.
I'll let you guys know when I find my car.
Thanks for all the great input.

Brian

BP NSX said:
Wow! There are quite a few former M3 drivers on here.
I'll let you guys know when I find my car.
Thanks for all the great input.

Brian

LOL!! Yeah, there are a lot of former/current M3 owners on here. I would still have mine if it had not spent more time in the shop than it did in my driveway. :frown:

Back