• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Honda Commercial

Watch out for this one.... I just saw a TV ad that I think was for Honda garden equipment. I'm not sure since I just caught the last few seconds. It showed a red NSX crusing by a yard with a Honda mower. The narration that followed went something like, "and you thought we just made cars".

Anyway it was great to see the NSX show up in a new TV ad.

That commercial has been out for several years. It shows a number of Honda products, including a lawn mower, power generator, etc.

The NSX it shows is a Zanardi and it is shown inside the garage.

I'm pretty sure this was an 02+ NSX, and it was driving. Incidentally another Honda ad on the same channel came on a few moments ago and showed their biped robot, "ASIMO". I've got a tape in just in case the nsx shows up again.

BTW, welcome back! Nice touch with the avatar, freezing time like that.

According to the FAQ, the commercial with the Zanardi aired as early as 2000.

BTW: I don't know if the The REAL nsxtasy is the real nsxtasy. It seems like the real nsxtasy would have been able to cite the FAQ to back up his response. :rolleyes: :D

There are 2 different commercials. The 'new' one definetely has a 2002+ NSX-T and shows it much longer then the Zanardi glance in the older Honda commercial.

I managed to capture the ad on a replay. It shows lots of Honda toys, including the S2000. It looks like part of it was shot in the Florida Keys. Unfortunately I didn't capture the audio. I've got it in a windows media format file.... a little under 4MB. Can anyone host?

It does seem like a new Honda commercial. I caught the end of it last night. I saw a guy mowing his lawn and an NSX drives by from screen right to left.

I do not recall if it had the newer front end.

It definitely was not sitting in a garage.

And the next appearance. The car looks lowered to me. It wasn't taking the corner too fast so I don't think it was just lean. Hope they aligned after lowering, otherwise the tires would be toast after the shoot. :)

Attachments

• 2ndentrance.jpg
    2ndentrance.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 921
Last edited:
svalleynsx said:
Is this only playing in Canada? I have not seen this yet in the States.

I'm in San Diego. I do not recall if I was watching a local station or not. But, given my viewing habits lately, it was probably late night ESPN or late night FoodTV.

-Randy

I saw the same commercial advertising Honda. The red NSX was featured at the end of the spot travelling from right to left around a corner past a gardener. It was on the Fox News channel about 1:30am early Wednesday.

Yeah, I saw it last night too. Its definately not a 99 Zanardi, but a red 02+ NSX. It looked like stock height on my TV, the previous photos look stretched out a bit, perhaps a wiiidescreen.

I sat this the other day on one of the cable channels, maybe Discovery Channel? I forget. But it was nice to see them showcasing the NSX a little. I wonder if they had the car honda badged for the ad. I couldn't really tell.

I saw it too!

I saw this commercial, too, the other night -- I think it was also on the Discovery Channel.

As I was watching it and they were showing all the Honda products, I kept thinking "wouldn't it be cool if they ended it with the NSX?" And then they did! Woo-hoo!

Neo: I recorded it...but I'm not able to host. Can you? Let me know and I can email it to you...or something. If I recall it's about 4MB.

Back