• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New lightweigt Motec-Wheels on my 2003 NSX-T

Hi Guys.
Get sad of my 18/19" Volks and change to these 17/18" lightweigt Motec wheels.
motec.jpg

Great price and very rare. I am happy with my new setup.

Here a few pix from my summer trip to Croatia:
P1050545_klein.jpg
P1050567_klein.jpg
P1050594_klein.jpg
P1050618_klein.jpg
P1050607_klein.jpg

Last edited:
Not so hard. Motec is a german manufactor for motorsport. They offer a few wheels for street legal use.
I tried to go for a OEM wheel setup. So my problem was, to get a 17x9 wheel for the rear. It's very difficult to get it in germany. Motec told me, they are able to made it in 17x9 for me, but I have to order 8 wheels. That's minimum. I decided to go with 18x9, cause they made it in this size for street legal use.
But I have to say, I'm very happy with it.

I like them alot. I remember seeing them on the Procar R. Not sure why his wheels only had the 5 lug hole pattern and yours as well as the ones online have lots of holes(assuming for 5x100/114 use ) ?

Yes you're right. Procar ordered this wheels with the 02+OEM specs and in bronce. As I told before, Motec is able to produce every size you like. Minimum order is 8 of each size. The wheels will have only 5 holes, then.
If anyone is intrested in this wheels, I could arrange a custom order.

Front: 16,5 lbs (17x7.5 OF 40)
Rear: 19,8 lbs (18x9 OF 35)

Not too bad.
By comparison the Enkei RPF1 (considered the gold standard of inexpensive, strong, & lightweight) in 17x7.5 is 15.25 lbs and the 18x9 is 17.1 lbs.
The TSW Interlagos RF in 17x7.5 is 16.85 lbs and the 18x9 is 18.3 lbs.
But those two wheels don't look nearly as nice as these Motecs.

I know a lot of wheels, that weight less. But the most are more expansive. And another problem is, that they are not street legal in Germany. I had to pay about 500$ to get my volk wheels street legal. So the German NSX driver have not much eventualities. I think the motec s are a good choice.

Back