• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New memeber (DFW) - timing belt

Hello All - My name is Eric and I just acquired a 1993 NSX with 69k miles..

Timing belt. I don't know its history -but I want to a) how do I know its been done. B) where and how much to do.

I called MCdavid in plano they have no history of the car and called Goodson, they hung up on me.

anyways here is the VIN if anyone can help me out JH4NA1153PT000214

- - - Updated - - -

20150726_203049_resized.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

20150726_203036_resized.jpg

I just had mine done at Goodson. They charge about $1900 for the TB service. They accidentally quoted me a lower price and honored the price given. The mechanic Curtis is great and you can expect quality work. Personally I think their prices are ridiculous and doubt I'll go back unless it's something very complicated and specific to the NSX.

If you run a CarFax on that VIN you might find prior service history location(s). I find it extraordinary that Goodson would hang up on a potential NSX customer.
Welcome to the NSX ownership, hope we met at an upcoming event.

Carfax didn't show. I ordered the TB kit.. gonna tackle it myself. Done plenty of TB's just never a mid-engine.

Carfax didn't show. I ordered the TB kit.. gonna tackle it myself. Done plenty of TB's just never a mid-engine.

Cool good luck! I'm sure it won't be too bad then. I'd suggest the oil filter housing too, simple and its 3 gaskets, the two vtec solenoids, dipstick o-ring. While at it, cam plugs and cam oil seals....
Welcome to the club

Hey again, Eric. My car is going to David McDavid this weekend. If you need any help, let me know.

Just the post purchase inspection and oil change. I have the service history, just want peace of mind.

i am tired of these shops quoting ridiculous prices for timing belts. had a few shops " oh bring it and we'll look at it. but we think its around 2600" lol WTF!!!. So at 5:19pm i will start the job

Should be around $1600-1800. I've seen as high as $2000, but not $2600. That's higher than even dealer prices.

I used a 3/4 1k pound and it wont pop. Used a 10 foot cheater broke the extension... I am at a lost

Back