• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

New NSX owner......HELP.

Hello, I am a brand new owner of a beautiful 1993 Silver Acura NSX. I have admired these vehicles for years. Alas, I finally purchased this Acura last Saturday from a private party in San Diego (thanks Pam and Mike). I just had the vehicle detailed and it looks as though it just came off the assembly line (not bad for a 1993). My question is who should I take the vehicle to to work on the leather upholstery and possibly replace some of the decorative plastic pieces which are now loose on the interior of the car? I live in San Clemente (Southern California) and am willing to travel. The vehicle is pretty stock which is how I like it.

Second question, in California it is the law to have two license plates showing...one in front and one in back. I rarely see any NSX owners placing their license plates on the front of their vehicles. Have any of you guys been in trouble with Johnny Law as a result?

Third, I am looking forward to next month's South Coast Acura's NSX night. The pics from the last meeting were great and I am looking forward to getting involved in the NSX community. See ya all soon.:smile:

Ciao,

Jon Bennett

Why not purchase the front license plate holder from Science of Speed that has the ability to tuck underneath your front bumper? It enables you to tuck it away when you don't want it seen.

Although I don't advise this you could install it, tuck the plate underneath as it allows, and then if you are pulled over you could always play dumb "Sorry officer I washed the car and forgot to put the plate back down"...

No spot for a front plate on my Integra either...

I never have been pulled over about it or had it mentioned when pulled over. The only time I ever have a problem is when I'm parked in Berkeley, the only city where they care. I now just place the front plate (stored under the front seat) in the front dash when parked in Berkeley, I don't recommend this but it seems to work. The real issue are red light cameras, no plate to photograph.

Last edited:
No plate on the front of my nsx. Never been hassled by the cops about the plate or even the exhaust but they harrass me to no end when I'm in my trucks with no front plate though.

I've been pulled over 3 times this year for not having a front tag. Not speeding, just pulled for a tag - all within a mile of my house. Still not puting a tag on it.

Front plate is not a moving violation thus no insurance effected by a ticket. Leave it off. When you get ticketed pay it. It's kinda like women and their $60.00 hair styles. It cost's to be pretty.:wink:

No front plate, no registration sticker, no inspection sticker, no ez tag sticker, no nuthin. :biggrin: - in Texas

Sounds great, thanks for reply buddy. BTW: How is life in the UAE? Never been there but I have seen some of their special forces soldiers (and Jordanian) that travel to the US for orthopedic treatment.

No front plate, no registration sticker, no inspection sticker, no ez tag sticker, no nuthin. :biggrin: - in Texas

Your lucky. I bought my car with an inspection sticker that was good until 07/2011 and it took me less than a month to get pulled over for it. The cop told me that it was expired, i told him that it didnt look expired to me and he then told me that the next time he sees me i better have a "valid" inspection sticker or that i would be ticketed. I now just try and avoid where the cops hang out around here.
btw, he pulled me over just for the sticker.:rolleyes:

Welcome!

A lot of owners have used LeatherSeats.com to purchase replacement leather and find a local upholstery shop to install it onto the seats while they are out of the car. Look in the group buy section for pics and more details.

Please be more specific as to which plastic pieces you are referring to.

I don't run a front plate and have not been cited thus far. (Knock on Wood) It is NOT legal to run without a front plate in California so its your call. MCM is also from San Clemente so perhaps he can dhime in for that local.

We'd like to see some Pics!!!

Second question, in California it is the law to have two license plates showing...one in front and one in back. I rarely see any NSX owners placing their license plates on the front of their vehicles. Have any of you guys been in trouble with Johnny Law as a result?

Ask this guy about front plates... :redface:

I have the front plate on, simply because I don't want to give an LEO an excuse to hassle me. The car attracts enough attention on its own; why add to it?

I do have the Dali "Stealth" front plate frame, so it's not too hideous looking -- better than the stock air dam style.

Welcome!

A lot of owners have used LeatherSeats.com to purchase replacement leather and find a local upholstery shop to install it onto the seats while they are out of the car. Look in the group buy section for pics and more details.

Please be more specific as to which plastic pieces you are referring to.

I don't run a front plate and have not been cited thus far. (Knock on Wood) It is NOT legal to run without a front plate in California so its your call. MCM is also from San Clemente so perhaps he can dhime in for that local.

We'd like to see some Pics!!!

Hey Big_D.....thanx one and all for the great feedback. I will definitely try Leather Seats.com and see what I can come up with. Regarding pictures, please be patient as I am still trying to figure out the nuances of this website and how to post! Ha ha ( I have yet to enter the computer age)!

Have lived in San Clemente for 31 years now. (since 15)
Never given a hard time on the front plate.
(dozens of cars, Ground Pounders to MiniVans):biggrin:

Back