• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New NSX Owner Question

I live in Australia just bought a black 1991 NSX 3.0L import from japan i think... (the manual in jap). How do i find out what model it is? I know it not NSX-T no targo top and it not NSX-R. Also i'm about to do an oil change any tips or hint anyone has would be awesome thanks.

Also the engine light comes on at startup and stays on. I took it to honda they told me front spool solenoid valve was the prob. so i changed one side, it got rid of light when i start the car..... now since ive replaced it the engine light comes on anywhere after 6000rpm

Sounds like a case for Master NSX Tech Larry Bastanza to help you resolve, i'm sure he can pin point the bug & give remedy.

Your serial number will tell you about the model of car you have. The information is in the Wiki. Your check engine situation sounds serious, real serious. Does your oil pressure come up with RPM, both hot and cold?

In for answers on oil pressure gauge readings...

The readings are in atmospheres, with each number representing roughly 15 pounds per square inch of oil pressure within the system. Your's is a bit low at idle but adequate elsewhere in the RPM band, so while there is some indication of main bearing wear in your numbers there is nothing there to get excited about or to worry about. So check off one thing you don't have to worry about.

Thanks for your help the light has not come on for 2 weeks now. How much oil should be in the car? When i did an oil change i drained 5L out, so i put a that in. I read somewhere it was 6 quarts which converts to 5.6L. So do i need more oil?

Last edited:
Back