• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New NSX Owner - Service Recommendations

Wanted to report the wonderful experience I had at Daisy Import Auto Care. I purchased a 91 Red NSX about a year ago with 85 K miles. Outside the car looked great but I suspected that there were mechanical problems especially a noticeable serious vibration at idle. After repeated trips to the local Acura Service the vibration at idle was still there. I learned about Daisy Import Auto Care here and the great reputation that Ben has. I took the car to DIAC and Ben took two hours and went over the car from front to back and pointed out every problem area. After a few days work he diagnosed a serious problem that was related to the work that had been done earlier by the local Acura Service and repaired what they had done. When I picked up the car and after a test drive could not believe this was the same car I had left two weeks earlier. The vibration was gone and almost every part of the car worked better.

There is a proverb that says that " Whenever you see a man (or woman) skillful in their work they will stand before kings, and not before obscure men." that clearly applies to Ben and the NSX. While I am not a king I sure felt like I had been treated like one when I got my car back.

Ben is the man. He hasn't seen a cent of my $ yet since I'm still looking for an NSX, but he's taken plenty of time out of his day to talk to me about cars that I'm interested in, past work done to them, etc. I even called him up directly after a test drive once after I had some doubts about clutch feel, and was convinced not to buy the car based on his advice. I'll definitely be using him for my NSX service once I finally get one.

Back